German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Show those Hips (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/show-those-hips/)
-   -   Second x rays (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/show-those-hips/443353-second-x-rays.html)

Ltleo 04-26-2014 09:46 PM

Second x rays

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, this is Easton's second set of x-rays at 17 months old. His first set was under the year mark that discovered he was dealing with Pano. What do you guys think? Vet said they thought it looked good as he had them look at by a another and did some manipulation while he was under and did not feel any thing. Though, I hear a pop when he gets up from laying down.

Dealing with pano stinks as it lingers and sometimes he still gets aches. Easton has been on a raw diet since birth, I also sub, msm, colustrum, and fish pills.raw food is vital essentials pattys and I mixed with k9 naturals.

Thanks for for imput

my boy diesel 04-27-2014 01:02 AM

i am no expert but that doesnt look like pano to me
i thought pano was cloudiness on the film
google it

is this an ortho vet or regular?
if regular you may want to visit an ortho vet

Ltleo 04-27-2014 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In his first x-Ray it showed pano, not this one. I had him rescanned to check on it. This film shot that I'm attaching in this post was the inflamed pano. The first shot I put up was his second. I wanted to have a second look to check hips again as they developed more. Sorry for any confusion

Ltleo 04-27-2014 07:12 PM

So.. From either scans what do you think about the hips.. In the earlier scan u can clearly see the cloudiness from the pano. I had three vets and radiologists from my vet look at the scans, plus I brought him and the scans to an elite holistic vet dr. B. Here in jersey ( even makes own raw food that is in most stores) confirm pano. But because I dealt with HD with my last dog, I'm overly aggressive with Easton. My wife yells as I bring him I. For everything lol., and hundreds of dollars later, I'm told the same thing lol. I'm sending both sets of scans off to be graded via OFA.

JakodaCD OA 04-27-2014 07:24 PM

his hips look pretty darn good to me, but I'm no expert either:)

Thewretched 04-27-2014 07:45 PM

Hips look good to me as well

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Ltleo 04-28-2014 10:38 AM

Thank you.. Got to tell you, though the popping clicking sound when he gets up gives me the chills. He had a flare up the other night in his back leg with the pano. So "tried" to keep him resting inside for the day lol. Uped his colustrum and msm.. We normally hit the parks for a few hrs a day running, fetch, and lots of smelling :)

What is the best way to send scans to OFA, if I have them on disk?
Thank you

JakodaCD OA 04-28-2014 10:45 AM

the vet can do it for you, on disc, you just pay the vet the ofa fee and they, as well as you will get the results

WVGSD 04-29-2014 04:02 PM

If Easton is not two years old yet, you will just get a preliminary evaluation from the OFA. The final grading can not be done until he is at least two years old.

selzer 04-29-2014 04:49 PM

Both heads look like they have good coverage. I would guess good on the hips.