German Shepherds Forum banner

SHOW ME your Shelter Dogs

131K views 529 replies 400 participants last post by  Rolloismyname 
#1 ·
On the "Motivational Poster" website I created a mosaic with some of my favorite pics from previous foster/ shelter dogs. Please join! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/24_hello.gif

From left to right: Sascha, Moses, Nero, Romeo, Moses w.Georgia and Sascha, Linus, Linus, Moses, Romeo (puppy)

See less See more
#102 ·
Re: Shelter dogs - post yours

Aaaaaah! Linda! Another Dutchie owner!!!! I'm SOOOOO in love with the breed! Indigo is BEAUTIFUL! My foster Dutchie has one doofy ear. I cant manage to get a good picture of Sasha's stripes. She just looks brown in my pictures.

#103 ·

Here's a couple updated pics of my shelter baby, Sabel.

Helping out with chores...

Eatin' snow....

I don't know what I'd do without her in my life. I'm thankful for her every day.

#104 ·

[image]
[/image]
Hannibal was on his way to the cleveland animal shelter, I took him from a friend of a friend. He's silly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/13_puppy.gif
Mr. Brad Pitt in the background is my shepherd Malachai.He's working it for the camera!!

#105 ·

Joan,

Sasha is a much lighter brown than Indigo - she's beautiful! I just love the breed - he's such a velcro dog - just loves his momma!

#107 ·

This thread is just wonderful !!!! I have no doubt that all of these dogs have never forgotten their past be it good or bad . But sometimes I wonder if their former owners who used and abused and threw away all these beautiful babies ever think about them ....Just a thought to ponder I guess.

#109 ·

Aha, ok. Both of my GSD are from the same shelter, although bought at different times. This is how they have grown up!!
This was Kara (F) a few weeks after we brought her home.

This is her now and days

This is Atlas (M) we got him in June this last year

And this is him now

Isn't it amazing how they grow up!! Check out the color changes!!

#110 ·

Hadn't posted many pics lately...adopted Heidi from the Auburn shelter (Lee County) 18 months ago. She seems comfortable around the house now...

She also likes to play at my mom's home in PA

#111 ·

Boomer came from the Marshall County, W.Va., shelter at the end of January 2004 at age 2. His so-called family allowed him and his mother to run loose on rural property. When the power company said they wouldn't come onto the property with unrestrained GSDs, the solution was to give them both up. They spent six months in lockup — well past their expiration date. Boomer required only leash training.

Bella came home in the middle of February from the shelter in Parkersburg, W.Va. She was a stray and showed signs of abuse, particularly a tail that had been broken at some point and is hard for her to wag. She cleaned up nicely and seems to appreciate the soft life.

#113 ·

Flash is Beautiful! His nose in that picture looks a little doberman-like...could just be that picture. Dobies are another of my faves. Anyhow.....what a CUTEY!

#114 ·

Thank you! Yes, at times I think that I can see a little doberman in him as well. I don't know a lot about GSDs, but, he seems to have a sable coat and can sometimes hold his ears up, except for the tips. At 18 months he is still very much a 86lb goofy puppy. He was born to an unsocialized GSD that was used to guard a junkyard and we don't know anything about his father. Flash doesn't look like any of his littermates - most of the pups in the litter were more red in color and had boxier noses. He was feral for his first 8 weeks or so and he "tried out" two adoptive homes before coming to live with me. He wouldn't allow me to touch him at all the first week but he would sneak up behind me and sniff me and he watched my every move. Lots of obediance training, dog parks and doggy playcare have helped him substantially, but, he still has a limited list of people that he likes and trusts.

#115 ·

This has to be my favorite section of the boards, GO SHELTER DOGS! This is Cody when I got him last June at the Denver Dumb Friends League. Three sisters and a brother were all turned in along with Cody, and he was the only one left unadopted obviously they save the best for last.

Now I cant believe how he has grown in such a short period of time!

Here's hoping all dogs find a loving home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/13_puppy.gif

#118 ·

Her is Sonnie have had him for a year now and he is the perfect friend and companion. he was rescued from the Dumbarton centre is scotland, he was a crulty case and was in the shelter for approx 6 months, hope being with us has helped him forget his ordeal.

Here he is at his favourite walking places

This is Sonnie cooling down after playing with his stick

Here he is getting a clean after the dirty puddles (still with stick)

A couple of months ago we had some snow, here he is with another stick

#120 ·

This is Tully Mars. He came to us in January 2005. He was HW positive, 20 lbs underweight and was terrified of everything and everyone. He clearly had been beaten. Here are a couple of before and after pictures. He is an absolutely wonderful dog. He is without a doubt the goofiest and clumsiest GSD we have ever seen, and we absolutely adore him!

and here he is now!

#121 ·

Well we just couldn't go on without a Shepherd in the house.

This is Echo. He's smart as a whip. We picked him up at the Humane Society - he's no stranger to somebody's fist. Despite that, he is a real love.

... and a bit of a goof.

Low Rider is much happier these days.

#124 ·

Here's Andromeda, Andi for short:

She was just rescued in SC on April 29th. This baby is ALL smiles and I'm considering her for therapy work!

#125 ·

Here is my Max, adopted from the animal shelter on his last day. We have had him for almost 5 years now and he is the sweetest boy in the world.

#126 ·

Left to right
Reno, Stryker, Lance, Lady, Carlie, and Sierra they are all rescues

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.