German Shepherds Forum banner

SHOW ME your Shelter Dogs

131K views 529 replies 400 participants last post by  Rolloismyname 
#1 ·
On the "Motivational Poster" website I created a mosaic with some of my favorite pics from previous foster/ shelter dogs. Please join! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/24_hello.gif

From left to right: Sascha, Moses, Nero, Romeo, Moses w.Georgia and Sascha, Linus, Linus, Moses, Romeo (puppy)

See less See more
#77 ·
Re: Shelter dogs - post yours

"How did you manage to get twins four years apart???"

Probably by the lenght of their tongue /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/34_rotflmao.gif Sorry, couldn't resist.

Indy and Tucker are so cute- are they Corgi's?
Like the ferret in the fridge- he's prob. looking for meat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/03_wink.gif

all lovely pictures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/18_thumb.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/18_thumb.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/24_hello.gif

#78 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Indy and Tucker are so cute- are they Corgi's?
Like the ferret in the fridge- he's prob. looking for meat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/03_wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Tucker is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and Indy is a Corgi/Australian Cattle Dog mix. He can be a real handful at times because of his cattle dog side. He is a walking attitude.

I think Stretch was hoping the Egg Beaters were real eggs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/05_biggrin.gif

#79 ·

heres mine! i have PLENTY!

tank, ogden animal shelter -

tank and grizzly, giant malamute dumped in our town, posted ad in paper, no one responded. pic was taken next to tank, our 140 lb rotty. if takin to animal shelter he wouldve been PTS very soon, as he was simply to large to adopt out. i paid to have his teeth cleaned, warts removed from his eye, blood tests, and thyroid medication, hes now living a very good life with a malamute lover. he weighed 197 lbs when adopted.

Jet!!! my baby!! a friend adopted him from las vegas, brought him to northern utah, deamed the dog "psycho" and demanded he be put to sleep. all because he trashed her house after being left there on his first day for 6 hours (no kennel) while she was out shopping. she never should have a had any dog, PERIOD. i came and got him and hes now my baby.

max!! my 11 month old foster, pls pls pray for max as things are not looking good for him. he developed a fliud sack in his hip and because of it hasnt used his leg and its gotten so bad hes has complete muscle deteriation. were doing excersises a few times each day to help him. because his other hip is so bad if he doesnt start using this leg he will be put to sleep.the fluid sack is now gone, and im doing everything i can to make him use that leg.

#81 ·

Here are my 2 rescues....

CAESAR...5 years old now. Was rescued at age 3. We adopted him December 2003. He was in danger of being PTS because he "looked too aggressive" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/29_headbang.gif He loves all people!!!! Aggressive my butt!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/03_wink.gif

Our other rescue Sadey Mae, almost 2 years old now. Rescued at 4 months old after her back-yard-breeder turned her into Animal Control saying he would "dispose of her himself" if animal control didn't take her. We adopted her in Sept 2004.
Sadey at 4 months...

Sadey now...

Our foster boy Aspen. Now 6 months old. He hopes to stay, but daddy hasn't said yes yet!! He wasn't a shelter dog, but his owner turned him in because they were moving and had too many dogs... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/29_headbang.gif

What a great thread!!!!

Steph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/31_paw.gif

#85 ·

[ QUOTE ]
We get people all the time wanting to know what she is, I will say 'Mutt that we rescued' and it is like they get offended because mutts can't be 'pretty' or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/08_rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you know that the PC term is "designer breed"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/15_ssst.gif Halle's a labrashepherd -- probably could get $2000 a piece for pups -- at least according to the ads the local "breeders" put in our Sunday paper! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/05_biggrin.gif

#89 ·

Bailey is a 5 month old German/Belgian Tervuren shepherd. We adopted him almost 3 weeks ago from a shelter here in New York. He drew crowds around his kennel with people wanting to take him home, but we were the lucky ones. He's a big mush and quite a cutie.

#91 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Bailey's a very cute pup! Please post pictures of him often...I can't wait to see what he looks like as he grows... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. Can't wait to see the next set of pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/13_puppy.gif

#92 ·

This is Boo shortly after we got him from a rescue in Michigan , he was found beaten and starved on the streets /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/02_frown.gif

Look how skinny and this was after he had gained alot of weigh !!
But look at him now .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/05_biggrin.gif

And here is Queenie she was returned to her breeder after being abused and tied to a tree the first 6 months of her life /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/02_frown.gif

#93 ·

Heeeeres...ROCKET. A happy loving guy that was posted in the urgent section a couple years ago. He loves his ball since he learned how to play with it.

He loves his sister Sadi too, and points out items of interest to her.

He's a handsome lovable happy guy and we love him!

It just amazes me that somebody didn't want him anymore!!!

How could anybody throw these beautiful loving souls away ????!!

#95 ·

She looks little to be either a Mal or a GSD. A standing pic would help. I know pictures can be deceiving.

#96 ·

The Royal Hound /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif He was a stray-to-shelter in Hungary, and he is with us since 2004.
with springflowers

Hound chillin' with daddy

Hound undercover /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/05_biggrin.gif

Did anyone mention "food"?

The latest addition to the family: Master Yoda /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif

#97 ·

So many more gorgeous dogs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/23_hug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/23_hug.gif
I love the picture with the flowers but esp.the sunflowers -its my favorite flower. I wish I could grow them but I don't have enough light.

#98 ·

Brooke, your baby looks so much like my Corey - a shelter dog I adopted almost 4 years ago. I was also told she was a Mal mix. I'll have to figure how to post pictures again - I haven't done it in so long!

#101 ·

dante a few months after we got him
dante a year or so after
now with sister brit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/25_angel.gif

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.