SHOW ME your Shelter Dogs - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Shelter dogs - post yours

A police officer gave me Sonja (on your left) when she was a few months old. I was in college and working nights in a campus convenience store. I was at work the night I got her and she always went to work with me after that. She grew up with me on the farms and in vet clinics. She's the best pit bull ever. She is about 12 now and has lost her "width". [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/02_frown.gif[/img]

Then the middle is Jessie Jane. She was even MORE overweight when we got her about a month ago from Lake Shore animal shelter. Now she's tearing around the house going crazy several times a day and loves walking in all weather as much as Cowboy does.

On your right is Cowboy, the only one in our house who isn't a rescue. Just an undersocialized older pup when I got him. They are all great.

[image][/image]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OFA Good/Normal | DM Clear |H.O.T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Elite Member

Both our dogs we got from our local shelter as well as our kitties. And now we are involved even in fostering. It is addective. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/05_biggrin.gif[/img]

This is Betty , now 10 mo

This is Barry, now 16 month

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #33 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Master Member

Shannon, Huntington (LI NY) town shelter. We probably had her for a year at the time of this pic.

They say she was picked up as a stray, but she's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too clingy to run away. She's a barker, and will cower if I raise my voice. What we think happened was her previous family had a new baby that was a "tip toe" baby. She would bark at everything like she does, and the father would yell or abuse in aome other way. We believe she was dumped somewhere as a result.

Andy

post #34 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Crowned Member

great pics!! what beautiful furbabies you have!!

you are all [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/25_angel.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/25_angel.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/25_angel.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/25_angel.gif[/img]

Angie

GSD: Forrest ~ DOB: 2/6/05

post #35 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Master Member

Michael, Good Shepherd Rescue of North Texas, 2/03.
Sasche, Animal Allies, Dallas Texas, 6/03.
Heidi, Camp Wolfgang, Ennis Texas, 11/04.

Nancy
Mom to Hans and Gretchen
post #36 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-26-2006, 08:35 PM

All of your [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/25_angel.gif[/img]doggies are so cute![img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/13_puppy.gif[/img]!!! i like the "proffesional" looking pics[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/31_paw.gif[/img]!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/13_puppy.gif[/img]

:German Shepherds are loyal and true."

post #37 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Crowned Member

A newer one of Gypsy. (Broward County Humane Society)

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/31_paw.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/31_paw.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/31_paw.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/31_paw.gif[/img]
post #38 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 07:19 PM

Here's my Cocoa. Adopted her from a shelter when she was three. She was with us 11 wonderful years. She almost made it to 14 years old. What a joy she was! Now two years later we have Aggie. Also adopted fom a shelter, she is about one year old right now.
post #39 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 07:22 PM

Here's Aggie, our one year old shepherd we adopted 4 months ago from a shelter. All the dogs are beautiful, we are the lucky ones. Carm
post #40 of 519 (permalink) Old 01-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Crowned Member

[ QUOTE ]
Here's Aggie, our one year old shepherd we adopted 4 months ago from a shelter. All the dogs are beautiful, we are the lucky ones. Carm

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, we ARE the lucky ones! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/18_thumb.gif[/img]

Sean: Adopted July 1999
Neely: Adopted May 2005, LH Tabby/Tortie
Gizmo: Bi-color Persian 2009
Neeko: Purr-fect Persian Cat (3/91 - 1/05)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page