German Shepherds Forum banner

SHOW ME your Shelter Dogs

131K views 529 replies 400 participants last post by  Rolloismyname 
#1 ·
On the "Motivational Poster" website I created a mosaic with some of my favorite pics from previous foster/ shelter dogs. Please join! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/24_hello.gif

From left to right: Sascha, Moses, Nero, Romeo, Moses w.Georgia and Sascha, Linus, Linus, Moses, Romeo (puppy)

See less See more
#52 ·
Re: Shelter dogs - post yours

I couldn't resist posting, what a great thread!

Here's Marie, she came from Camp Wolfgang, Ennis, TX. Such a sweet pretty girl! How could anyone not want her?

And here's my other rescue Boley who came from our local shelter with just hours to live.

#53 ·

All great pictures, c'mon guys, I know there are a lot more shelter dogs on this board. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/18_thumb.gif

#54 ·

Here are my 3 girls - Black lab (purebred or high mix?) is Libby. We got her last summer from Arkansas. She has a bum front leg due to being shot and hit with 'blunt force trauma' as a puppy. She then lived in the city pound, then humane society for over 9 months. She was only 1.5yo when we adopted her. Lots of socialization, and she is coming along great!
Middle girl is human child, Zoe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif
Chocolate lab mix is Halle. Got as a puppy from a small rescue at 6 weeks old (way too young- what a biter she was as a puppy!). She is a very confident, social dog.

We love all 3 of our girls! I would love a GSD, or mix, at some point (hence I hang out here. LOL)

#56 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Beautiful ladies!!!!!

Hallie looks like a Lab/GSD mix (just from looking at her face and huge ears!!!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! We know Halles mom was a black lab/mix - the rescue saw her when they picked up the litter at 4 weeks old because the people didn't want to deal with the pups anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/08_rolleyes.gif We think dad must have had GSD or Husky in him due to the ears and her height. She is about 64#, tall and thinly built. She doesn't have the GSD back legs at all though. Who knows. We get people all the time wanting to know what she is, I will say 'Mutt that we rescued' and it is like they get offended because mutts can't be 'pretty' or something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/08_rolleyes.gif

#58 ·

OK, its our turn!

<font color="red"> This is my precious baby girl, Gretchen. </font>

She was rescued by Virginia GSD rescue and fostered by Carolina, GSDBESTK9. She ended up in a Wash. D.C. shelter at 7 months of age AFTER her SECOND owners give her up because they couldn't handle her. I adopted her in October of 2004.

<font color="purple"> She certainly was a handful, still is, BUT she’s the light of my life!!!! </font>

Gretchen will be 2 y/o in March. She has her CGC title and is training for her CD. She has also done Agility and is currently learning Tracking. I also hope to get her involved in Schutzhund. I have to keep her little mind occupied at all times; otherwise she’ll drive me nuts!!!!

This is Gretchen at Carolina's - I look at these pictures at just can't get over how cute she was!

<font color="orange"> And this is Gretchen now! </font>

Practicing Obedience

Tracking

Being a hero and giving blood

LOVE YOU BABY!!!!!!!

#62 ·

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I might be a little emotional today, but that blood donor pic made me choke up inside! What a beautiful "throw away". That made my day!

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is a hug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/23_hug.gif and a tissue for ya! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/05_biggrin.gif

#63 ·

Lilly, on the floor, found in the woods as a feral puppy
Rudy, lapping it up in luxury on the dog bed, came from Memphis Animal Shelter via Brightstar GSD Rescue

#64 ·

Zero was an owner surrender at age 6 1/2 , adopted from the Bergen County Animal Shelter (NJ), via advice and help from the members of this board. 10 days with me so far!

a rainy day

dog art!

2nd favorite activity in the world (after fetshing any thrown object)

#65 ·

Beautiful Baby!!!!

#66 ·

My Blossom was dropped off at the shelter by her back-yard-breeder after having sold all her siblings. She was only 10 weeks old. She came down with sarcoptic mange just 2 weeks after coming home, here she is on her first day home:

Then at 10 months old she had to have hip surgery due to having severe hip dysplasia in both hips /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/02_frown.gif

She is now enjoying life to its fullest!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/05_biggrin.gif

#67 ·

I'm sooo glad she found you! The people who dropped her off should be shot, but it was probably the best thing to happen to her.

#70 ·

This is Zeke. We got him from a shelter in Southern Illinois and found him on this board! He had 2-3 days or he would've been pts. He is such a sweetheart. Great with kids and just loves to be touched. He's a happy guy who loves to play and cuddle.
With his buddy Cory

Sleepyhead

Cuddles with daddy
I really need new pics of him these are pretty old. He's been with us 1 1/2 years now.

#71 ·

Here's Quinn, rescued one year ago by Sally (my neighbor). He was just hours from being pts. He is 7-8 years old.

And Maggie helping son with his homework. They are quite bonded. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/03_wink.gif We rescued her from a shelter last September. She is about 2 years old.

Dorie is not a rescue, but I can't leave her out! She is 6 years old.

All these pups dearly adored by Judie and family. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/24_hello.gif

#75 ·

Here is our beautiful Tanzi girl. She was pulled from a Franklin County, OH shelter by BrightStar. Thank you to her foster mommies Tanya and Leann.
Tanzi became part of our family 2/19/05.

#76 ·

Stretch came from a ferret shelter. He turned 7 years old in January and has Insulinoma but is still kicking butt

Tucker (left) & Indy (right). Tucker was rescued from a bad puppymill situation (as if there are any good ones) and Indy was on the Urgent list running out of time. They are my pride and joy...and "slightly" spoiled. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif

Indy

Tucker

Salem, my 20+ lb boy, came from WARL in MA

Taz was cause for my being a foster flunky.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.