German Shepherds Forum banner

SHOW ME your Shelter Dogs

131K views 529 replies 400 participants last post by  Rolloismyname 
#1 ·
On the "Motivational Poster" website I created a mosaic with some of my favorite pics from previous foster/ shelter dogs. Please join! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/24_hello.gif

From left to right: Sascha, Moses, Nero, Romeo, Moses w.Georgia and Sascha, Linus, Linus, Moses, Romeo (puppy)

See less See more
#27 ·
Re: Shelter dogs - post yours

Lauri - you always have such great professional looking pictures! What a great thread! Here's my Zeus from the Pinellas County Shelter in Largo, FL. He was taken away from his owners for abuse and neglect. That was about 5 years ago. We fixed him up and he's in a loving home now. Crazy...but loving. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif
Here are a few...

Neighborhood watch...

Teaching the little one about neighborhood watching...

Getting ready for a night on the town...

Earning his keep by "babysitting"...

Playing on the swingset...

OK...I'll stop now. LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif

#29 ·

My grandson swears that Starfire has GSD in her. Could be, just look at those ears and coloring. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/34_rotflmao.gif

#30 ·

I love this thread! Here's my "throwaways"...

Here's Katie... came to us in February 2002 from Rimrock Humane Society in Montana

Here's Otto... came to us (by way of this board /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/18_thumb.gif) in September 2005 from Chester County SPCA in Pennsylvania

Here's some of them together!

#31 ·

A police officer gave me Sonja (on your left) when she was a few months old. I was in college and working nights in a campus convenience store. I was at work the night I got her and she always went to work with me after that. She grew up with me on the farms and in vet clinics. She's the best pit bull ever. She is about 12 now and has lost her "width". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/02_frown.gif

Then the middle is Jessie Jane. She was even MORE overweight when we got her about a month ago from Lake Shore animal shelter. Now she's tearing around the house going crazy several times a day and loves walking in all weather as much as Cowboy does.

On your right is Cowboy, the only one in our house who isn't a rescue. Just an undersocialized older pup when I got him. They are all great.

[image]
[/image]

#33 ·

Shannon, Huntington (LI NY) town shelter. We probably had her for a year at the time of this pic.

They say she was picked up as a stray, but she's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too clingy to run away. She's a barker, and will cower if I raise my voice. What we think happened was her previous family had a new baby that was a "tip toe" baby. She would bark at everything like she does, and the father would yell or abuse in aome other way. We believe she was dumped somewhere as a result.

Andy

#36 ·

All of your /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/25_angel.gifdoggies are so cute!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/13_puppy.gif!!! i like the "proffesional" looking pics/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/31_paw.gif!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/13_puppy.gif

#38 ·

Here's my Cocoa. Adopted her from a shelter when she was three. She was with us 11 wonderful years. She almost made it to 14 years old. What a joy she was! Now two years later we have Aggie. Also adopted fom a shelter, she is about one year old right now.

#40 ·

[ QUOTE ]
Here's Aggie, our one year old shepherd we adopted 4 months ago from a shelter. All the dogs are beautiful, we are the lucky ones. Carm

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, we ARE the lucky ones! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/18_thumb.gif

#41 ·

I'm enjoying this thread so much. Here's Gracie. It will be two years ago next month since I pulled her out of the shelter when her time was up. Someone left her at a kill shelter when they moved and didn't even bother to leave her name. I didn't have the slightest intention of keeping her at the time. Well, here we are almost two years later.

Here she is fresh out of the shelter after a good bath
[image]
[/image]
This is from a month or so ago
[image]
[/image]

Lisa

#44 ·

2DogCrew....I love, love, love, love that Niki of yours!!! Her coloring is so stunnig! She looks so nice and prim and proper in that pic....I just cant get over how gorgeous she is!

This is a great thread....all the 'throwaways' are beautiful!!!!

Heres my two..

Boomer is from our local shelter...although I dont think he would have been in danger of being put down..he was a really cute pup!
who could have resisted that face???

Here he is now.

And this is our newest addition...Lola. She is a bearded collie mix, about two years old. Again, not in danger of being put down...but a shelter dog none the less. She is a real joy to have. These pics are from the first day she was here...I have to get some better ones of her little 'smile"!!

#46 ·

Boomer is a beauty!!! Wow!

#47 ·

Here's my Kaiser - he's about 6 yrs old now. Got him through this board from a shelter in Indiana. He came close to not making it out alive because he was such a large dog and no one wanted a big long haired dog like him. He's put on 30 pounds since his adoption - was 80 pounds then and is 110 pounds now and he's not at all fat. His temperament is perfect even though his former owner basically let him do whatever he wanted. He has been a really easy dog, I didn't have to do much to integrate him into my pack.

#48 ·

My rescue Scout. We adopted him over the Christmas Holiday. I've never had a pet bond with me the way he has.

#49 ·

People who think you cant find anything but 'mutts' from the shelters should take a look at this thread. These are some of the most gorgeous dogs I have ever seen...and they will thank you a thousand times over for saving them!

Keep those pics coming folks...this is a wonderful thread!

(thanks for the nice words about Boom)

#51 ·

GSDMomx2 -

My Dieter has the same hedgehog critter as Sasche! It was the first toy that he destroyed (well, removed the stuffing to get to the squeaker). We were so proud of him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/01_smile.gif considering that when we first took him in he didn't even know what to do with a toy.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.