German Shepherds Forum banner

Show me your dog training vehicle set up!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Wolfgeist 
#1 ·
I am in need of some ideas for my new 2010 dodge g. caravan (lots of room in the back), picking it up today or tomorrow. I bought two 36" crates for the back, but I also need to install something for storage. My husband and my dad both said they would also build something custom if I wanted, but I don't have any ideas for it yet.

Anyone have pictures of their set up? Anyone have recommendations for equipment storage? I have a lot of training gear and working equipment, would like it all organized and secure in the van.

I am thinking of putting the crates on a platform with drawers, anyone have anything similar?

So, please show me yours and please share any recommendations you have!

#3 ·
The drawers we built were simple plywood boxes with and I use a special teflon tape so they slide smoothly. The platform in my truck is actually two platforms which are put in place then held together with bolts. The two box solution allowed us to clear the wheel wells. A lot simpler than using sliding hardware. There is a seam down the middle which is why it is covered in indoor outdoor carpet (which adds a nice look anyway)

Buy Slick Strips, 3/4" Width 1/32" Thick at Woodcraft.com

#4 ·
I also have a caravan. I have two crates in the back. I am wanting to have a couple wood boxes to set the crates on. They would each have a drawer for storage and keep the crates from sliding forward. I love the amount of space it gives me. I dont like that its not completely flat, so the crate will rock if not as close to the rear door as possible. With the stow-n-go seats, I can get four wire crates in there. I have some two door crates for right behind the front seats.

#7 ·
The stow-n-go seats are pretty awesome and convenient, I have to admit. I also bought two wire crates, I am trying to figure out a platform with storage compartments to set them on.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.