German Shepherds Forum banner

Show me your SMALL FEMALES

45K views 56 replies 41 participants last post by  Sciberras89 
#1 ·
Lets see those girls on the small side of the standard. Last time I measured, at 8 months, rogue is 21 inches and 42 pounds. I like seeing what she might end up at full grown.

Dog Canidae Mammal Dog breed American pit bull terrier

That kind of shows size difference. The pit mix is about 110-115 pounds, log but not very tall.

Dog Canidae Dog breed Tree Dog walking

Next to an American show line female same age.

Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#4 ·
Djenga is right around 50 lbs.

Madina is about 54 lbs. She is shorter than Djenga - but stockier. She's 11.5 years old now, but is doing really well for her age.

A recent picture

About 5-6 years ago

Kira was 42 lbs at 7 months, and at 14 months she was 57 lbs. I'm guessing she'll finish out at about 60 lbs.

Reactions: giebel
#7 ·
Storm:
Almost 10months... 23" and around 58-60lbs of muscle. She's a very thick female. The rest of her litter towers her though. Out of 10 pups, 7 were female and 3 were male. All the females are around 70lbs+ and I'd say 24"-25" easily.... except mine and my friends. Both of ours are much smaller then the rest... and their coat/color is different. :rolleyes: However, both are them are extremely hard hitters on the sleeve and little fire balls. Storm is a crazy girl.

I'm 4'10... so she looks normal next to me
Here's Duke and Zira next to me, so you can see the difference

My mother and I with Duke and Z out on a hike (my mother is around 5'2-5'3).

I love those sizes for a female. I like a big blocky male but like my females small. :)
Same here.

Reactions: giebel
#9 ·
Gosh I have a moose:( Masi is 26" and 73# LOL..My aussie is 21" and 43#..

#13 ·
Mary it's the water here in CT, I have never had a gsd smaller than 26" LOL

#15 ·
I have that same water in MI....I swear miraclegro has entered my well.

#25 ·
Great looking girls! Jazz is at least 25" and somewhere around 70 lbs. so I won't be contributing a picture, lol. This thread shows how little the average person knows about GSDs though - I constantly get people asking me if Jazz is either a puppy, or a mixed breed because she is 'small for a German Shepherd'. They look at me like I've lost my mind when I tell them she is actually above breed standard and considered slightly large for a female GSD.

#26 ·
Three out of my four girls have run around 60lbs.

Too - MANSHA'S I'LL BE SIRIUS TOO

Honey - SCHIBAR'S GAYLE'S CHINA DOLL

Faith - VANTASIA'S BEYOND THE RAINBOW TO SUGARLOAF

#31 · (Edited)
Loki @ 2 years 3 months & 57#s

Loki, Date of birth 12/25/2011, weighted and measured 3/06/14; 57#s, 25" @ shoulder.

My husband always asks "When is Loki going to grow up and fill out?" I keep telling him she's done growing, but he still thinks she's tiny for a german shepherd. So I think I'll show him this thread when he comes home this evening. Beautiful pups on here!

I snagged Loki off Craigslist when she was about 3 months old. Apparently she was a shelter pup that these people got and then found out they were moving into an apartment that didn't allow certain dog breeds.

I got her and her big crate off CL for $20 and turned around and sold her crate for $60. So I got this gorgeous girl and $40 given to me. :wub: I love her to death.

(Loki was about 1.5 yrs in this picture) These are bacon chocolate chip cookies I set outside to get some natural lighting on them and I told her, "No ma'am, these aren't for you." Came back with the camera and there she was sitting, "guarding" the cookies. I turned right back around, went into the house and grabbed her a piece of leftover bacon because she was just such a good girl.

She never did grow into her ears. :)

Here's a pup picture at around 4 months of age, Bat-Dog!

#32 ·
Beautiful dogs! My girl is around 75-78 pounds, and not sure how many inches, i know her head is to my hip when she's next to me and i'm 5'3 lol I should get the tape measure out and measure her. But I will not be contributing a picture lol. I to get how she must be a mix cause she is not big enough to be a pure bred german shepherd I just laugh and say Ya she is, and she's actually a little on the bigger side. lol Mabie I should steer some people to this post :/ :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.