German Shepherds Forum banner

Show me you BICOLOR Shepherd!!

46K views 103 replies 65 participants last post by  Stillworks 
#1 ·
I love the bicolors.... they're one of my favorite coat patterns in the German Shepherd dog.

This was Murphy, one of the bicolor's that have shared my life... :wub:
I miss him dearly...

See less See more
#2 ·
I just posted this pic in another thread but Mom & Son (Kimber & Diesel) my 2 bi-colors.

Here is a pic of Diesel (left) and his littermate Cayden (right)...We gave Cayden to my parents as a gift from this litter. Cayden is also a bi-color!

#3 · (Edited)
Bi-colors are my favorite too!
Murphy was a handsome guy, I'd describe him as a blanket B&T not a bi-color. Too much tan in the face and up the legs to be a bi.
Kimber, Diesel, and Cayden are definitely bi-colors!
Here is Onyx, she had 3 bi-colors in her litter and her mom produced about the same in each litter with different studs. Onyx carries the white spotting gene so it masks her toe penciling.

#5 ·
bi's are my fave to,, this was my heart dog Dodge

#13 ·
This is my wonderful 9 yo B'lena zu Treuenhanden. She is so amazing!!! Athletic, cuddly, funny, pushy, rude, just wonderful. Dog Dog breed Canidae Games Carnivore
Canidae Dog breed Dog Carnivore Companion dog
Dog Canidae Dog breed Carnivore Christmas tree

I am on my phone and don't have pics of us hiking. Will have to find them.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#16 ·
Jada is gorgeous!! :wub:

#18 ·
Ok, help a rookie out - are some of the pics shown here not black & tan, as opposed to bi-colour? I thought bi-colour, was just brown legs?

Anyway, the brown legs ones are my favourites!! lol My pups mom is a bi-colour and my girl is black, I was so hoping she'd grow brown paws, but nope. lol

Lovely dogs everyone! Some real beauties you guys have!

#21 ·
Ok, help a rookie out - are some of the pics shown here not black & tan, as opposed to bi-colour? I thought bi-colour, was just brown legs?

Anyway, the brown legs ones are my favourites!! lol My pups mom is a bi-colour and my girl is black, I was so hoping she'd grow brown paws, but nope. lol

Lovely dogs everyone! Some real beauties you guys have!
Yes, you're correct. Bicolour do have tan around the anus as well

#22 ·
I agree, that particular photo is awesome! :D He looks like a really fun pup!

#25 ·
#31 ·
adopted pup turns out to be bicolor?!

Hi Everyone! I am so excited to have found this website, forum and specifically thread!!! We adopted our little 'Ozzy' from one of the local shelters a couple of months ago and although he was apparently a 'shepherd cross' he is turning out more and more shepherd every day and I am thrilled! I thought because of his coat length and color that he might be a shepherd/lab or shepherd rotti at first, but now that I found this thread I think he is a BICOLOR!! LUCKY US!!! I had the 'more popular' black and tan (mostly tan) when I grew up, and honestly had no idea this color combo even existed! I absolutely LOVE IT!

Let me know what you guys think :) I will love him no matter what, but I always wanted a shepherd so if he is indeed I will be one happy girl...

Ozzy as tiny pup before we got him:
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

His litter mates:

Vertebrate Dog Mammal Dog breed Canidae

Ozzy when we picked him up at 2.5 months (I totally thought rotti/shepherd mix):
Dog Dog breed Canidae Puppy Carnivore

and....TADAAAAA....at 3.5 months Ozzy is now looking pretty much like all the other bicolor shepherd puppies I've seen here!!!

Dog breed Dog Mammal Canidae Carnivore

Mammal Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

What do you 'experts' think???

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.