Show me your before/after pics - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Elite Member

Tessa @ 8 weeks..1st morning home..

1st camping trip..3 months..

Her stripe coming out..

about 6 months..

around 9 months..

and finally..12 months old..
ksotto333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Don't let peoples ignorance get you down! That is a gorgeous dog! I love when kids (because they don't know any better) ask me if Hero is a cop dog or an Army dog (Considering I am law enforcement but not a cop and military but not army) I don't mind at all. I always say yes he is the same type of dog but he is not actually either one of those yet. Though hopefully one day we can get him some certifications We completed puppy kindegarten and AKC S.T.A.R. but then Hurricane Sandy hit and we haven't been able to get him back into a class. The new ones start soon for Basic OB so I can't wait!! he loves to train but I am only so knowledgeable on training.

Around here there are breed restrictions on a ton of places but almost none of them restrict GSDs... lol had that been me with hero when the guy said something about my puppy being dangerous, I woulda tugged Hero's leash and said Hero Come, that man is dangerous! lol
Old 12-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Ksotto.... Gorgeous pups!!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wink-_-wink View Post
Don't let peoples ignorance get you down! That is a gorgeous dog! I love when kids (because they don't know any better) ask me if Hero is a cop dog or an Army dog (Considering I am law enforcement but not a cop and military but not army) I don't mind at all. I always say yes he is the same type of dog but he is not actually either one of those yet. Though hopefully one day we can get him some certifications We completed puppy kindegarten and AKC S.T.A.R. but then Hurricane Sandy hit and we haven't been able to get him back into a class. The new ones start soon for Basic OB so I can't wait!! he loves to train but I am only so knowledgeable on training.

Around here there are breed restrictions on a ton of places but almost none of them restrict GSDs... lol had that been me with hero when the guy said something about my puppy being dangerous, I woulda tugged Hero's leash and said Hero Come, that man is dangerous! lol
Thank you! I haven't had any one ask if she's police or military yet lol. I can't wait to get her basic training done after 2 terrible attempts and finding out she's only been treat/collar trained, and knew NOTHING of the word itself! We just got sit down last night!! It was a great moment, especially since we've only had one session! (On Sunday) after the next 6 weeks, her trainer runs a Schutzhund club for agility/obedience competitions- I'd love to get her into that!

So sorry about hurricane sandy! But I'm glad you'll be able to get Hero into some classes soon!!

What part of military are you in? My brother is a Marine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

-“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
lkellen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Elite Member

Ooh I love these types of threads!

Well I hope it's ok to post lol since my Ollie is only almost 4 months old but I can repost again as he gets older.

6 days old(two different pictures of the same litter, there were 8 pups)

Untitled (2012-12-13 04:24:40) by snowypony, on Flickr

4 weeks old, he's the fluffy one on the left

Untitled (2012-12-13 04:25:28) by snowypony, on Flickr

About 6 weeks here

Ollie - 5 weeks old by snowypony, on Flickr

8 weeks

IMG_0373 by snowypony, on Flickr

And now 15 weeks old(most recent pic taken a few days ago, about 35lbs now)

Untitled (2012-12-11 07:49:25) by snowypony, on Flickr

And Hero's grown so much, wow!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkellen View Post
Thank you! I haven't had any one ask if she's police or military yet lol. I can't wait to get her basic training done after 2 terrible attempts and finding out she's only been treat/collar trained, and knew NOTHING of the word itself! We just got sit down last night!! It was a great moment, especially since we've only had one session! (On Sunday) after the next 6 weeks, her trainer runs a Schutzhund club for agility/obedience competitions- I'd love to get her into that!

So sorry about hurricane sandy! But I'm glad you'll be able to get Hero into some classes soon!!

What part of military are you in? My brother is a Marine!!

I live in a military town so the kids are mostly familiar with the MWD's. I am Air Force. Currently Air Guard.

One thing I notice with training is being careful with the Cue words. like for sit you cant say sit down because down is another cue for either lay down or down/OFF and this confuses the pups. Also for me its hard because i use one word commands with a hand motion and Hero understands and I use a demanding voice. When my son/wife try he doesn't listen as well. Also my son repeats it and that makes it lose meaning. Sometimes I mix up the words (rarely) and he gets confused like "Drop it with Give IT" But thankfully Hero is smarter than me and normally knows what I mean. So far he knows sit, lay, stay (to about 10 feet of me backing up) leave it as long as its not food, and our recent trick is hitting the jingle bells on the back door handle
Old 12-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

8 weeks
Show me your before/after pics-imageuploadedbypg-free1355373533.790080.jpg

18 weeks!
Show me your before/after pics-imageuploadedbypg-free1355373641.693370.jpg

Show me your before/after pics-imageuploadedbypg-free1355373683.818807.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free
Meeka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wink-_-wink View Post
I live in a military town so the kids are mostly familiar with the MWD's. I am Air Force. Currently Air Guard.

One thing I notice with training is being careful with the Cue words. like for sit you cant say sit down because down is another cue for either lay down or down/OFF and this confuses the pups. Also for me its hard because i use one word commands with a hand motion and Hero understands and I use a demanding voice. When my son/wife try he doesn't listen as well. Also my son repeats it and that makes it lose meaning. Sometimes I mix up the words (rarely) and he gets confused like "Drop it with Give IT" But thankfully Hero is smarter than me and normally knows what I mean. So far he knows sit, lay, stay (to about 10 feet of me backing up) leave it as long as its not food, and our recent trick is hitting the jingle bells on the back door handle
My dad was Air Force!

Oh yes, we learned one word for the commands, i.e. sit, down, off..
But when we started with our new trainer, he'd say a command and literally gave a face like "what? Are you talking to me?" That's how he knew she literally knew no meaning of the words

I am SO wanting to start Remy on jingling a bell to let me know she has to potty!! How did you get Hero to do that?

-“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
lkellen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 AM   #19 (permalink)

About 8 weeks

6 months

10 months (current)
Cstout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #20 (permalink)
Master Member

This is the best and first GSD I've ever had.
I got my girl Piper a few days before she turned 12 weeks old.

So here are some pics of her from 12 weeks to now at almost 11 months.

Last edited by Piper'sgrl; 01-17-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Piper'sgrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.