German Shepherds Forum banner

Show me your dog in a DIAPER!

11K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  gmcwife1 
#1 ·
Kira has yet to go into her first cycle, but I know it's coming.

I need to get a visual on how these dogs look in a diaper.

Thanks

#2 ·
And I thought I was going to see your girl wearing one!
Lakota wouldn't hear of it. I tried to get a very "low profile" type kind of like a thong, you would have thought it was killing her and she'd have ripped it to shreds if I left it on. I was lucky I only found a few spots here and there.

#3 ·
I don't have any pics. THey are very simple to use, just put through the tail and they velcro at the hips. Buy the cheap Wal Mart pads, don't need to buy the $$ 'dog' pads. The first couple of days of the first heat will take a little getting use to it but after that they know what it is and don't bother it (at least mine didn't). When the next heat comes around she will remember and won't be a big deal.

#8 ·
Ha I don't think I have any pics on this computer...but at home I do.. We ended up using the "free cotton undie from victoria secret" cut a tail hole and a few holes along the waist band to weave a tie ribbon on to tighten the undies to our pups...then we just used the cheapo thick womens sanitary pads. My guys NEVER fit into the doggie diapers they were all way too small and the sticky tape didnt hold.

#12 ·
I never thought to take pictures when Shasta needed one or even Shelby for that matter. But Shelby never had any issues with it. Shasta had to be supervised.... lol

#20 ·
She was not happy with me.....

I started with puppy diapers, but then she started to get them off... so I added duck tape. That worked! I knew she was getting spayed soon, so I didn't want to get the nice cloth diaper things... but that would definitely be something to invest in if I was doing more then one heat cycle.

#23 ·
I know you were looking for a GSD, but will a Dachshund do? This is Pebbles in Dec./11, her first (and last) heat :)

Oh she was having a sleepover with the others, in a sleeping bag.
When she was in standing heat we used an ex-pen when we were home and when we were gone, everyone was crated and gated, despite the fact all the boys here are neutered. It didn't stop them from the urge...so to speak!

#24 ·
Thanks for the reminder - Nita is our first girl so I guess I will let our daughter practice dressing her a few times so it's not a shock ;)

She'll need to get dressed for 4-H costume class so this is another good thing to work on with her now :)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.