German Shepherds Forum banner

Show Me Your Dog's Dark Side... : )

9K views 38 replies 24 participants last post by  Wolfgeist 
#1 ·
Do you have some examples? We all know Shepherds aren't always perfect angels and can be pretty destructive, especially when they're growing up:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Gunner's never done anything THAT bad but he's been known to chew things he shouldn't.

I walked in the room, he looked at me and went right back to the task at hand...er paw.

Yep, went right for the jugular!

And I'm not sure this is considered a "dark side", after all he was trying to help me mop the yard! :rolleyes:

#5 ·
"^ Yikes, that's a little more that a "dark side". :D "

This was a GSD puppy that was adopted from our rescue and returned because (surprise, surprise) "It was too destructive!". The people that first adopted this little angel did not believe in crate training because "it was so mean"...SIGH!

#7 ·
Sadly, I don't have pictures, but when Addie was a puppy, and teething, she completely shredded her wadding pool. xD there are STILL slivers of blue plastic popping up in my back yard and this was 3 and a half years ago...

#8 ·
"Sadly, I don't have pictures, but when Addie was a puppy, and teething, she completely shredded her wadding pool. xD there are STILL slivers of blue plastic popping up in my back yard and this was 3 and a half years ago..."

:rofl:

#10 ·
Dont have pictures but as a 2 to three year old Daisy ate a frozen chuck roast. I had it out defrosting went out for awhile think to get gas tocut the yard came home no roast . Found the roast wrapper. She took it downstairsfinished unwrapping it and then through the dog door outside.I guess she was telling me go raw but it was my raw . hubby had eggs for dinner when he got home from work.

#12 ·
Its okay.. She did not get the important things that were in that box.. it was old tax paperwork, some pictures and my lease and such.. I think my grandpa or maybe one of my late gsds looking out for those things for me... what ever happened, im glad she did not get my laminated grandfathers obituary.. someone was looking out for me for sure.. she mainly ate the box they were in...

#14 ·
My only purebred GSD, Ditto, hasn't chewed anything up since she was 5 months old.
Dakota never chewed anything but newspapers and 1 flip flop. This was when he was under 4 months. He got into the garbage once when he was about 2 years old. I didn't take pictures but the garbage was everywhere.
Daisy is infamous for digging a million holes, chewing the dryer vent off the house, scratching the screen off the door, chewing the handle off the door. Her problems are all outside. I never take a picture when she is doing it, because I am busy correcting her. She hasn't destroyed anything in the house in well over a year and a half (thankfully) but still will take stuff off the top of the garbage.

#15 ·
1st day home, he peed on the carpet....not his fault...totally mine :(

2nd day home: he chewed on my mum's bedroom slippers....destroyed the fluffy little things...

needless to say, mum's not pleased...although he makes up for it when he runs around squeaking his garfield plushie when we get home :p

#16 ·
Wish I had a picture but..... growing up my family had a GSD. One evening my then boyfriend (now husband) and I went for a hike in the woods with the dog. We decided to grab something to eat so we left the dog in the car (a 2 seater with a small area in the back). When we came back the dog had torn apart the entire inside!! We rode home on metal springs. To make matters worse, the car was for sale and someone was coming to look at it the next evening!!!! It all worked out- found replacement parts at a junk yard and sold the car the next evening. That story still gets told 35 years later!!!
Stella, 7 months, has been working on shredding one area rug, and doesn't like toilet paper on the rolls...lol She will move my shoes around every day but so far has only "nibbled" on one pair.

#17 ·
i dont have any pictures from the Destruction Tornado that used to be Riley. Wish I'd gotten a picture of Zena wearing our trashcan lid with a wrapped stuck on one of her canines....

Shasta never got into any trouble. She's my little freak of landsharks...

#24 ·
Wife was wrapping gifts when we had an emergency and had to leave the house for like 20-30 minutes.

That mess on the couch is what a full 12pack of toilet paper looks like after Ash is done with it!

To be honest I loved the "what?..." look he has on the pic!

and at least he didnt go to town on the toys

sorry for the large pic

#25 ·
I do not have photos of Sinister's damage but when he was around 1 year old I left him out of his crate for 4 hours and he ate some of my wall and ate the carpet in my bedroom. :crazy:

Malice escaped her crate at my ex's house when she was 3 months old, she pooped, peed and chewed almost everything in his living room. He took a picture and sent it to my phone but I cant upload it at work. :( She was banned from his house for almost 4 months.

#27 ·
You don't know if you want to laugh or cry after viewing some of these photos/reading these stories.

Starting to notice a theme here: What do dogs have against toilet paper?

Click this bar to view the full image.

...and ruining a 12-pack? That's a lot of T.P.!

#31 ·
Riley decided she was done with her crate when we left during the day and to show us she was ready, she somehow chewed THROUGH two layers of carpet (had a layer of leftover carpet over the regular carpet to protect since she would make such a mess slobbering on the crate) and the padding down to the wood flooring. She somehow did this while IN her crate and created a bare spot about 7 inches long and 3 inches wide just in front of her crate. I have no idea how she managed this.

She's been left out of her crate ever since and hasn't done anything other than sneak kitty "treats" out of the litter box once.

#32 ·
"She somehow chewed THROUGH two layers of carpet (had a layer of leftover carpet over the regular carpet to protect since she would make such a mess slobbering on the crate) and the padding down to the wood flooring. She somehow did this while IN her crate."

Creative little bugger!! : )

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.