German Shepherds Forum banner

Show me your long coated GSD puppies!

15K views 53 replies 22 participants last post by  hallix 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

After getting Milou, I am dying to see what other long coated puppies look like at different stages in their development. How much did they weigh at each stage? How did their body type differ from a stock coat or long stock coat GSD?

I'll kick us off with Milou's photos:

11 weeks:

22lbs

22lbs

16.5 Weeks

30lbs

30lbs

26 weeks:

40lbs

See less See more
#6 ·
Here is Stella, picture from may and last December.
She will be a year old on the 21 October, she did not turn out as fluffy as we thought she would be, it seems over that last couple of months I have brushed an entire other dog from her! I guess she is more plush than long!!
I simply adore the long haired puppies they are so beautiful and cuddly!!
Thank you both for posting pictures of your beautiful pups!:wub:

Attachments

#11 ·
Everyone's puppies are so adorable!! I think their fluffy ears might be my favorite feature <3

@Mary&Stella I've noticed too that Milou seemed to be a lot "fluffier" as a little puppy. She was super poofy and puffy at around 11-14 weeks, and has seemingly de-fluffed as she aged. From looking at the photos, it seems like a lot of the coaties here have done the same so I'm assuming its just part of their normal growing process. Milou is also allergic to fleas and chewed all the fur off her behind which also contributed to her being less fluffy >_< It's starting to grow back now but she did have a bare butt there for awhile and I'm curious to see whether the fur grows back in as a blanket back or a saddle back.

#13 ·
We have commented alot on Stellas rear end it used to be really thick and fluffy, we called it her pants! It gave her a great wiggle when going downstairs, and then it seemd like I brushed away her nice pants! We have issues at the moment with knots of fur close to her ears and wow does she know when you are coming to investigate with a grooming implement!! She loks really cute when wet her hair around her face gets all kinky and crimped looking!

#16 ·
Ear floofies rock! :wub:

Keefer - he was around 18 pounds when we got him at 9 weeks old, this is from the breeder shortly before he came home:

First day of puppy class, 14 weeks old:

6 months old, 56 pounds:

Adult, 80 pounds:

#17 ·
Halo, 14 pounds at 10 weeks old:

My favorite puppy picture of her:

About 5 months old, don't recall what she weighed:

Just over a year old:

About 2-1/2 years old, around 60 pounds:

#19 ·
Question for you guys - how often are you asked what your GSD is mixed with? (Especially Annie!) Not particularly a fan of whites, but I LOVE the LC whites. (I love long coats, period).

#22 ·
Not too many people ask but when they do they usually guess part BC, Samoyed, Husky, Malamute. (any fluffy dog that could be white, lol) When she was younger and her coat hadn't filled out people use to ask if she was part wolf. Most people just look at her with a "what the heck is that" expression on their faces. ;)

#25 ·
After seeing Annie's Baby picture, I have a very good idea what Scarlett must have looked like. OMG, TOO CUTE!! Scarlett and Annie look so much alike, except Scarlett has a pinker nose. :)

#30 ·
Hondo - 9 weeks / 5 months / 2 years...

....this would make better sense if I could attach a picture, but my work IT police won't let me.......unless, Hondo is invisable.....

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.