German Shepherds Forum banner

Show me your WGSD

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  sparra 
#1 ·
My childhood dog was a white German Shepherd Dog/Yellow Lab mix. She was an awesome dog. She is no longer with us, and there are still times when I think of her and I get a lump in my throat.

We got our current GSD Dakota because I knew I loved the breed, and Bean (mix) was so intelligent.

Since then, its been really hard to even consider owning another white shepherd in the future. Yesterday though, I found myself day dreaming and looking for breeders.

Its never going to fly with the hubs though... so quick. Let me oogle over your white GSDs and any stories you wanna share about them. :wub:

Purdy please?

#5 ·
Oh my gosh! I found them!!! It took me going picking through hundreds of old forgotten photobucket albums... googling old screen names... and then scouring through thousands of ancient threads.

There aren't many, but there are some, and that makes me so incredibly happy. I'm so thankful that most things on the internet are "permanent"!!

This was my WGSD/Yellow Labrador Bean. She was incredibly intelligent, so loving and obedient, truly my best friend through out my teenage years. She really helped me learn a lot about who I am, and the things I love.

#7 ·
Thank you so much. I think she is the cause for me having a thing for -any- white canine. But especially shepherds.

Its been impossible for me to consider having a "look-alike" dog, but its been 10 years since she was PTS... I would have never let it cross my mind until I stumbled on this forum and saw so many beautiful dogs.

I think it also has something to do with the most recent heart ache of losing my Dane... like losing him has somehow eased the pain of the loss of her so many years ago? It will be a long time before I own another Dane.

I don't think I'll be getting another dog right now, in any case. But I'm noticing that I am open to the idea of a WGSD in the future. I told my DH about my "daydreaming" and he said he saw that I'd been searching for rescues and breeders. Then asked if there were any near us. He knew Bean so maybe he has a fondness for the WGSD's too? Not sure, but I was just glad he didn't get annoyed with me! ha ha ha

#8 ·
Let me know if you get sick of them because I have LOTS :D

and btw thats not a flea collar thats a Dog Appeasing Pheromone collar :)

Let me know if you've had enough LOL

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.