The holidays are coming... New contest to win free copy!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2012, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default The holidays are coming... New contest to win free copy!!!

Hey Gang:

Since the Hol i days are com-ing... The Hol i days are com-ing (I am probably the only person old enough to remember the old Coca Cola commercial where they sang that song, but it had a wonderful sense of urgency and excitement I liked), I'm thinking it's time for another contest to win a FREE copy of Shepherd Girl: A Dog Story, just in time for, well, you guessed it--The Holidays!

Starting TODAY, Black Friday (anyone out there braving the crowds for good deals?) and running through December 15th, I want your favorite stories about you, your pet(s), and the Holidays.

The story can be funny, sweet, sad, you name it--just as long as it's holiday-themed. It can even be something as simple as what the holidays mean to you and your pet(s). Got any traditions you and your pet(s) share? Any special costumes they wear? Tell us! (Bonus points will be awarded for any cute pics posted!)

I will review all and announce the winner on December 17th and the winner will receive a free signed copy (bound copy only-sorry) of my book for you to give to a loved one or to keep all for yourself

Good luck, and please send in your stories!

Cat
ShepherdGirl_A Dog Story is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Well, I do not really have a story. But I am certainly enjoying the book on my Kindle Fire.

URO3,UCD Aleshanee Windridge "Kayos" CD,TDX,RE,CGC,HIC,TC (1/03)
UAG1,UNC1,URO3,UCD Xtra!Xtra! V. TeMar "Havoc" CDX,GN,RE,CGC,HIC,TC,BH (6/07)
UAG1,URO1 Tidmore's Rising Star Lydia "Mayhem" BN,NA,RN,HT,CGC, (4/12)

Lucky, Wolf, Max
Kayos and Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayos and Havoc View Post
Well, I do not really have a story. But I am certainly enjoying the book on my Kindle Fire.

I'm so glad you're enjoying it! I think maybe this contest was a bad idea... So far it's like {{crickets}}
ShepherdGirl_A Dog Story is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't really have a story, I am just glad to not be in Afghanistan this year for christmas! Last year I missed my daughters first christmas, as well as every holiday from Halloween to Easter... This year I am just thankful to add my GSD to the family! Every year we get personalized ornaments for the tree and this year we got Hero's paw print for his first christmas with us. I couldn't be happier with my pup, he has helped me cope with being back and my issues from going. I would HIGHLY suggest anyone with PTSD or other mental issues that is contemplating getting a dog, DO IT! I am almost completely off my meds 100% due to Hero (Hence the name, he is my hero and proves it daily!) I am not looking to win any contest but will gladly share my experience with anyone wanting to listen! Hero has literally saved my life and I try to pay him back every day!! Bless you all because you guys have helped me out on here as well! THANK YOU ALL and good luck with your contest...I will now google your book and take a look
Old 12-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Elite Member

On December 17, 2008 our beloved Paige began to bleed internally. After exploratory surgery, the removal of her spleen and part of her liver, she survived and held her own. We visited her everyday in the doggy ICU. She did not look happy and we were devastated. Paige had been with us for 9 years and traveled with us all over the world. Her health had always been good. She was a rescue and we assumed she was about 12 years old. We were not ready to let her go. On December 26, we visited her and she had a pleading look in her eyes. She seemed to be saying, "Please let me go. I am ready. There is another dog waiting to take my place. It's OK." We made the heartwrenching decision to let her go.

We drove home in silence, but new our first order of business was to register with Virginia German Shepherd Rescue. Our home was missing a pack member and we wanted to make a home for another GSD. On December 31,VGSR volunteers were already calling our references and setting up appointments for home visits. It was bittersweet. We began looking at potential pack members. Two of the dogs we wanted had already been adopted by the time we were approved, but we believe it was meant to be. Scarlett was waiting for us! On January 28, 2009, we made a 6 hour round trip to meet and bring Scarlett home with us! She completed our pack and we were whole again!

Scarlett has earned her CGC and her TDI and passed her Novice level obedience training. She is an amazing girl and a blessing to us all. This Christmas, we have a special surprise for Scarlett...Daddy is coming home from deployment! ↨♥♥♥

If you are going through hades, keep going!
Scarlettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wink-_-wink View Post
I don't really have a story, I am just glad to not be in Afghanistan this year for christmas! Last year I missed my daughters first christmas, as well as every holiday from Halloween to Easter... This year I am just thankful to add my GSD to the family! Every year we get personalized ornaments for the tree and this year we got Hero's paw print for his first christmas with us. I couldn't be happier with my pup, he has helped me cope with being back and my issues from going. I would HIGHLY suggest anyone with PTSD or other mental issues that is contemplating getting a dog, DO IT! I am almost completely off my meds 100% due to Hero (Hence the name, he is my hero and proves it daily!) I am not looking to win any contest but will gladly share my experience with anyone wanting to listen! Hero has literally saved my life and I try to pay him back every day!! Bless you all because you guys have helped me out on here as well! THANK YOU ALL and good luck with your contest...I will now google your book and take a look
Woah. I got TOTAL goosebumps reading your story. I LOVE your message (and the pawprint ornament!) , and I agree; dogs (and other companion animals) are wonderful healers. Hero sounds very special, and I'm so glad he's been helping you win back your spirit. Thank you so much for sharing your story--it's an important one. Every year I give a donation to P2V, a wonderful organization that unites homeless animals with veterans. And mostly, I thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart for your brave service to our country. Have a great holiday--Give Hero a big hug for me.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettsmom View Post
On December 17, 2008 our beloved Paige began to bleed internally. After exploratory surgery, the removal of her spleen and part of her liver, she survived and held her own. We visited her everyday in the doggy ICU. She did not look happy and we were devastated. Paige had been with us for 9 years and traveled with us all over the world. Her health had always been good. She was a rescue and we assumed she was about 12 years old. We were not ready to let her go. On December 26, we visited her and she had a pleading look in her eyes. She seemed to be saying, "Please let me go. I am ready. There is another dog waiting to take my place. It's OK." We made the heartwrenching decision to let her go.

We drove home in silence, but new our first order of business was to register with Virginia German Shepherd Rescue. Our home was missing a pack member and we wanted to make a home for another GSD. On December 31,VGSR volunteers were already calling our references and setting up appointments for home visits. It was bittersweet. We began looking at potential pack members. Two of the dogs we wanted had already been adopted by the time we were approved, but we believe it was meant to be. Scarlett was waiting for us! On January 28, 2009, we made a 6 hour round trip to meet and bring Scarlett home with us! She completed our pack and we were whole again!

Scarlett has earned her CGC and her TDI and passed her Novice level obedience training. She is an amazing girl and a blessing to us all. This Christmas, we have a special surprise for Scarlett...Daddy is coming home from deployment! ↨♥♥♥
Oh, man you guys! These posts are so fantastic. This one made me tear up. Not only because you lost your beloved dog the day after Christmas, but that you opened your heart and home to a rescue from VGSR. Good girl, Paige. You did it. You paid it forward, sweetheart. Welcome Scarlett! Hope you all have a safe and happy holiday, and please thank your husband for his service.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

I wish I had a story to share. Jake is our first shepherd and this will be his first Christmas. Maybe I'll have a cute story to share after we try to put the Christmas tree up this weekend. I'm thinking there's going to be a lot of 'Jake here', "Jake drop it", "Jake leave it" going on
Old 12-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzver View Post
I wish I had a story to share. Jake is our first shepherd and this will be his first Christmas. Maybe I'll have a cute story to share after we try to put the Christmas tree up this weekend. I'm thinking there's going to be a lot of 'Jake here', "Jake drop it", "Jake leave it" going on
hee hee! Don't forget: Cute holiday pics ALWAYS welcome if you don't have time for a story!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Every december, since 2000 for Taz, and 2002 for Ginger... I have always gotten Taz and Ginger toys and stockings. I would also put sleighbell collars on them. Every year for a week before christmas I would find Taz and Ginger Sitting in front of the closet staring at the door. I could tell,because I did not hear jingling of bells. I used to have a picture of this, but lost it through WebShots gallery a few years ago This Year I shall continue the tradition, and well; you never know. Mabey I will get a shot of Jonas and Ginger sitting there together starring at the door anticipating. Last Christmas was Taz's last one, so this year will be kind of more difficult. I do hope there are sqeeky toys at the bridge, because Taz loved them so much!!! Just a short story I thought I would share. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all
Loneforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.