Welcome ShepherdGirl - A Dog Story! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2012, 02:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

I can't think of any particulary funny stories about my GSD mix off the top of my head (she makes me laugh all day but nothing especially hilarious stands out, although I've only had her for about 6 months so I am sure plenty will come in time) but that's just as well because I really want to read your book but would rather purchase it so you compensated for your hard work rather than getting a free copy. Congratulations on the book and good luck, I can't wait to read it!
matthewm11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #12 (permalink)

is the author donating some/all profits to help GSD's?
Bismarck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

My black female GSD Fritz is such a mother, that when our cat had kittens, she would assume the role as moter. Physically removing the mother and curling up with the kittens. One day we all went to town, leaving Fritz in her kennel and the cat and her kittens in a tall refrigerator box. Fritz broke the crate apart and when we got home, found her curled up with the Kittens amidst a torn up pile of cardboard that used to be a box.

Dallas Bolen.
von Bolen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepherdGirl_A Dog Story View Post
My book, Shepherd Girl: A Dog Story is about Athena, my long-coated goofy GSD girl. GSDs are definitely fierce, brilliant, awesome, NOBLE dogs, but has anyone also noticed that they are irrepressible clowns??

I would love for posters writing my forum to tell me THEIR funniest GSD story. For the best one that most tickles my funnybone, I'd love to send that winner a free copy of Shepherd Girl: A Dog Story!

Thanks guys!

Cat

How long till you decide a winner? I really want the book, but i don't want to waste money if i end up winning with my story.
von Bolen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #15 (permalink)

Hey guys--Thanks to all who have gotten my book already. For those who want to submit your stories, how about a deadline of April 16th (two weeks from today)? It's going to be tough to decide, but I can't wait to read all your GSD stories!
ShepherdGirl_A Dog Story is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #16 (permalink)

Bismark: Great question. Currently, I'm trying to work something out with my local GSD rescue group Virginia German Shepherd Rescue to cross-promote a book signing along with an adoption event. So while I don't have profits (mainly because I have hardly any yet lol) going to GSD groups, I really want to work with them to host an adoption event so they can get some of their wonderful dogs into forever homes. Thanks for asking!
ShepherdGirl_A Dog Story is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Knighted Member

My Trooper the Pooper Story -

Many years ago the Potomac Cannons (NoVA's semi-pro baseball team) hosted a "Take Your Dog to the Ball Game" day. So John and I piled our GSDs Josie and Trooper in the car and off we went for a day of fun and baseball.

Before the game started, they announced that they wanted the folks who were attending with their dogs to do a lap around the bases with their dogs.

John was walking Josie, our beautiful black GSD, and I was walking Trooper, our little rescue GSD that we adopted from the Washington DC Humane Society.

Right as we rounded second base, my worst nightmare happened - there was Trooper in the hunched over position, right on second. And no, of course it could not have been a nice hard turd to be easily picked up, it was a burst of poop soup, a foul stench which no doubt reached the bleachers. The crowd was all yelling EEEEWWWWW, the announcer called for a hose and I don't think I was ever more mortified in my life.

The next time they did "Take Your Dog to the Ball Game" day, the walk around the bases for the dogs was (pardon the pun) eliminated!

Lea

Good Dogs for Good Homes
Virginia German Shepherd Rescue
www.shepherdrescue.org
Remo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master Member

Just read the Amazon review & I'll be ordering the book. Looks like a fun read. Unfortunately, I can't think of a funny story to relate about my LC girl. Only exasperating ones!
Kodi GSD/husky rescue 1991-2004
Cleo, pug and Happy, mutt from childhood
mahhi22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
My Trooper the Pooper Story -

Many years ago the Potomac Cannons (NoVA's semi-pro baseball team) hosted a "Take Your Dog to the Ball Game" day. So John and I piled our GSDs Josie and Trooper in the car and off we went for a day of fun and baseball.

Before the game started, they announced that they wanted the folks who were attending with their dogs to do a lap around the bases with their dogs.

John was walking Josie, our beautiful black GSD, and I was walking Trooper, our little rescue GSD that we adopted from the Washington DC Humane Society.

Right as we rounded second base, my worst nightmare happened - there was Trooper in the hunched over position, right on second. And no, of course it could not have been a nice hard turd to be easily picked up, it was a burst of poop soup, a foul stench which no doubt reached the bleachers. The crowd was all yelling EEEEWWWWW, the announcer called for a hose and I don't think I was ever more mortified in my life.

The next time they did "Take Your Dog to the Ball Game" day, the walk around the bases for the dogs was (pardon the pun) eliminated!

I literally have tears running down my face I'm laughing so hard, that would have been horrifying to say the least. At least it wasn't home plate, that would have be even worse!

My Pack:

Jasmine - Female Miniature Poodle - born Aug 15, 2010
Loker Delgado Von Stalworth - Male GSD - born Jan 26, 2012
Koda & Zazu - 5 year old male cats
Alex - Male Cocker Spaniel (rescue) - RIP Cuddlebug 2007-2010
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2012, 12:56 PM   #20 (permalink)

Remo-that's going to be a hard one to beat. Athena for some reason also loves to poop in front of a maximum audience. I guess the only positive is that Trooper the Pooper wasn't runs-ning (sorry; had to) the bases at Nats Stadium... Funny story!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.