German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   The Senior Dog (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/senior-dog/)
-   -   What bed does your dog like? (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/senior-dog/394186-what-bed-does-your-dog-like.html)

Sindyeli 01-10-2014 05:08 PM

What bed does your dog like?

Malik has slept on those beds for a few years, For Your Dogs Only - Rectangular Buddy Beds and he loves them. However, they are getting a little thin, even though the most recent is 2 years old. I have noticed Malik is a little stiffer (he's almost 9) and loved it when I doubled 2 beds, so I wonder what you are using for yours. He's a sprawler for sure, his head hangs off the bed onto the floor most of the time, and sometimes he only has 10% of his body on the bed :). He also likes something against his back at times, a wall for instance. I've been looking into getting a bed with edges, and he also likes firm beds, not soft ones.
Any recommendations help!
Thanks!

misslesleedavis1 01-10-2014 05:23 PM

Yoga mats, and a sealy posturepedic queen size mattress ( we keep it downstairs for them), but for the most part plain yoga mats on the floor or underneath any type of doggy bed is comfy.

Okin 01-10-2014 05:24 PM

We have one made out of memory foam our dog seems to like it. Anything with stuffing she will pull out so the memory foam seems to work better for us. Any bed with stuffing to her is just a big stuffed animal to be thrown/dragged around and torn open looking for a squeaker.

Montu 01-10-2014 05:36 PM

Our bed..or just a blanket on the floor

..some times she actually uses her bed though

she used to have a memory foam one but she tends to destroy those

Abby142 01-10-2014 06:03 PM

I made a bed for Jade out of some foam from the the fabric store and built a nice little frame for it but she hardly uses it. She will lay in it if she is told to and she always starts the night there, but after a little while she always gets up and moves to the tile floor in the bathroom. :rolleyes: I guess she likes the cold.

Wodinaz 01-10-2014 06:16 PM

Odin gets the love seat, and Echo is in the middle of the couch. Me and the wife sit on the sides. Echo sleeps with the wife in the bedroom, I sleep on the couch, and Odin gets his love seat.

I have two cheap dog beds that I stuff with pillows. They work really well for when the dogs want something big and soft to lay on. Best part is I can pull the pillows out and wash everything.

misslesleedavis1 01-10-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wodinaz (Post 4809810)
Odin gets the love seat, and Echo is in the middle of the couch. Me and the wife sit on the sides. Echo sleeps with the wife in the bedroom, I sleep on the couch, and Odin gets his love seat.

I have two cheap dog beds that I stuff with pillows. They work really well for when the dogs want something big and soft to lay on. Best part is I can pull the pillows out and wash everything.

WHA!!! you dont sleep with your wife!

Curtis 01-10-2014 06:40 PM

Empire can sleep wherever he wants, including my bed. He will usually fall asleep on a yoga mat next to my bed and then later, makes his way to the hallway floor near the front door. His preference keeps changing as he grows.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Nikitta 01-10-2014 06:41 PM

I can't put anything in their kennels. They both rip everything to shreds.

Sindyeli 01-11-2014 12:53 PM

Quite a mix of options from everyone. Every dog had different tastes, and I don't allow mine on furniture - I prefer my hb in bed than my dog, LOL! - so I'll stick to what he has. He doesn't care for yoga mats, has had plenty of chances to try one as we use them for yoga and often leave them around. He's a bed or carpet kind of dog. So, his memory foam beds are it.