German Shepherds Forum banner

Finally started my Blog...

15K views 136 replies 11 participants last post by  Heartandsoul 
#1 ·
Hey y'all... For those of you tracker/trailers out there that are searching for posts to relate to... I set up a blog that I will keep up to date with my trails... Not that my life is all that interesting, buuutt, I know how hard it has been for me to find ANY information out there from others on trailing.. So hopefully this will be helpful and fun :) http://hineni7.simplesite.com

#2 ·
I always read your posts and find them really interesting.I have a couple of friends that are new to tracking and trailing that will enjoy reading your adventures:)

#8 ·
I'm enjoying your blog and the winter sure sounds tough. I like trailing and always interested me it something I would like to do with Max and Luna for fun and can be a great skill to have. The winters has to be tough and it just shows your dedication and I can't wait to read your updates.

#15 ·
Sorry to bump this again, but for those reading the stories a new format has come about.. New stories are being presented at top of page instead of having to scroll all the way down to the bottom.. This includes the educational information which has several new posts as well.. Last story before new format is: Industructably destructible... Open to feedback on all points

#16 ·
Great blog!!! Your boy is such a cutie he is more my speed not sure I would be able to keep up with your girl-lol!!!I would hope SAR workers get paid one day for all they do. I enjoy having my kids hides in the woods Max finds them every time the trails are not aged and miles long or but I get a rise when he catches their scent finds them everytime. The woods I'm familiar with, the weather I get to choose and I don't have to skate over frozen creeks or of similar sorts -this is where I would be sure to slow him down- lol!!!! It truly is quite a job you do. You are a very talented writer and should think about writing a book I would be sure to buy it!!!!

#17 ·
Thanks Jenny! Very kind of you (and appreciated.. Kind of barring my soul, lol).. I understand the elation that comes with watching your dog work odor - especially human (your kids) odor.. They just come alive that much more and so studied, with little electrical pulses of excitement flowing out of tails or with a head pop.. It is truly addictive and I know your pleasure..

Whatever the weather you play with Max in, I know he loves and appreciates you allowing him the joys of his ancestors, and letting him be the hero and save your kids lives =}

#18 ·
You are welcome!!!! I will definately buy your book if you choose to write one! I had the fever since a kid (5th grade)I would have my little brother hide in the yard my dog's toy parrot tied to him he would get to play with the toy when found my brother. Such a huge rush!!! - I don't get to tell many people that- lol!!!' Max's 2 cousins are cadaver dogs. His strong suit is his nose and environmentally nothing much bothers him. Cadaver work and SAR always interested me but I don't think I would have the guts to go wandering in strange woods or swamps alone especially at night. I give you tons of credit!!!! For now we just scent for fun!!!!

#19 ·
Tying a stuffed parrot to your brother... Priceless!! Love it! Thankfully, SAR is a team experience and so we don't go alone... My trainings are solo the vast majority of the time, but actual missions are never solo.. So maybe you are of the rare 'breed' of us SAR folk :) Even if not, you are definitely in the club of the addicted to scent games with their dogs :) Truly it is poetry in motion what they do...

Thanks again for the encouragement and compliments.. If you have any suggestions for improvement please don't hesitate to comment.. I am trying to get more pics up, but it is a free site and the tools they have for this are far from straightforward...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.