And now I've got a new search dog (maybe)... - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #32 (permalink)

YEAH!!!

As for the book - she was just studying!!
Chimanes Spice it Up Piquin (Kaynya) - Chinese Crested
Nator von Triton HIC CGC (Mauser) - LC GSD
Piquins Some Like it Hot (Spike) Chinese Crested
Piquins Too Hot To Handle - (Fuego) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Wasabi (Sabi) - Chinese Crested
Piquins Super Hot (Clark) - Chinese Crested
Banzai, Cloe, Mocha - Felines Extraordinaire
Neke, Tessa, Remi, Sadie, Riggs, Sasha, Tazer - DK, Mozart, Zoe - Gone but not forgotten
Lauri & The Gang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #33 (permalink)
Elite Member

Excellent!! Congrats!

Maxwell Brown ~
DinoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #34 (permalink)

Thanks all for the congrats...I've been sick with the flu so we haven't been out again, but due to playing at home (due to the limited energy I have, but I kind of have to take care of her or she goes nuts and torments the cats/chews inappropriately/barks in her crate...none of which happen when she gets enough exercise LOL...and of course I got sick when my partner happened to be traveling for work), so we've been doing obedience but also exercises to increase her toy drive. In fact more the latter because it tires her out quicker.

The result is that I have created a monster. Seriously, if she passed her evals before, I am not sure how they will take it when she attends her first training...she literally jumped up and nipped me on the chin repeatedly (keep in mind she is a 20-pound dog at the moment, she's not even up to my knee, and she wasn't knocking me down or hurting me--they were extremely controlled jumps) in an attempt to get the toy we'd been playing with. And then followed me. And then when I put it in the garage (which of course is closed off when we're in the house), she wouldn't leave the door alone until I literally commanded her to, and then she kept going back for 3 days whenever she decided I was too boring at the moment. She wanted that darn toy.

She only stopped when I got the flu, and her new job is apparently guarding me. Which we are working on, because seriously Abi, no growling at other dogs. She loves my partner though. We're cracking up because the official adoption contract was just signed...and my name is Allie, his name is Andy, her name is Abi...my birthday was yesterday (2/5), his is next week (2/11), and her "gotcha" date is 2/3...So we're Abi, Allie and Andy, and all Aquarians... That really wasn't a factor in me naming her, BTW...I'd always kinda wanted an Abutiu, but I had quite a few other ideas from friends an family for her that seemed more appropriate...until I thought Abi, and about what I wanted her to be (such an amazing working dog that her name is remembered for thousands of years...not that I'm expecting that LOL but you know, it's a good ideal to live up to). She's such an Abi. We call her "Abigal van Buren" when she's bad but we don't want to make the distinctive "Abi" sound (which we say ah-BEE, and also sorry Ms. van Buren, you were just the most famous Abigail we could think of) and call her Abutiu when she is amazingly wonderful but we can't praise her without confusing her (like when I tell my partner how awesome she did at training after we get home). Works pretty well. :P
Bandit-8 y/o ACD
Wooby-14 y/o ACD
Abutiu "Abi"-ACD puppy and hopeful future SAR dog!
RowdyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #35 (permalink)

Ah! I just love Heelers and the idea of a Heeler S&R dog is just awesome. I have three heeler mixes, myself - they make great dogs.
Gage CGC PSD,
Evee,
Paisley,
Liam,
Lando ,
Gendry,
Jasper,
Pixel,
Jelly,
Samuel,
Atlas.
pariahdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 09:18 PM   #36 (permalink)
Knighted Member

That's funny, you're now AAA (Allie, Andy and Abi). Hopefully you won't have to go to AAA after your done training Abi, jk!
Happy birthday ( yesterday)!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #37 (permalink)

Hey all, long overdue update (been super busy!), but Abi is doing really well. Like, really REALLY well (the caps on the second "really" were because she hit my caps lock button...she's very opinionated ). I love my Hector but working with her, it is clear what drive I was missing with him.

Just this weekend I got a really nice compliment from someone who I respect a great deal and has a great deal of experience...it was simple, but very important. We were walking out of the woods after some motivational exercises (so Abi was way hyped) and the person watched me call her off a dirt bike that went buzzing past and Abi went to chase. One call and Abi came back. That person, who is known for only liking retrievers, looked at her and said, "That's a really nice dog you have there. She has the perfect balance of drive and trainability." Of course, then she looked at me and said, "So don't screw her up." LOL
Bandit-8 y/o ACD
Wooby-14 y/o ACD
Old 03-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #38 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Hiii...we've missed you! Good to hear from you c:

Lol...someone didn't know they were taking to an expert!
Zeeva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #39 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Hey there! You can't pop back on without updating us with pictures
Glad to here Abi is doing so well!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #40 (permalink)

Zeeva...I've missed y'all too! I've been logging in on my phone to lurk but couldn't remember my password and never had enough time/energy to request another one.

Bear...oh dear, I don't have any. I did replace my old terrible phone so can actually get decent photos now, but seriously have you ever been around a young heeler puppy? They never.stop.moving! That said, I'll try to get some ASAP...I hurt my leg too badly to ride my horses, so I'm more or less off work for the next few days at least. Also, her "search dog" vest is still on it's way so it would just reflect her growth. She does have a bell for her collar now though.
Bandit-8 y/o ACD
Wooby-14 y/o ACD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.