German Shepherds Forum banner

Anyone knows a White GSD titled with IPO3/SchH3?

7K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Blitzkrieg1 
#1 · (Edited)
I am just very curious because some friends comment whites are not as much of GSD as other colors. Also, does anyone know any white GSDs currently serving in police/military? Are whites even allowed to enter IPO/SchH competitions? Are there working line whites around? I know there are lots of blacks in working lines, but it is weird considering both white and black are recessive genes, why blacks ends up being "more of a GSD" if there is such a thing lol? Thanks, very interested to know.

#2 ·
I placed a WGSD with a local LE. Dog was top in county for apprehensions 3 years in a row.

Common no. Possible yes.

#4 ·
white is not a color like black....a white dog is genetically another color, but has an additional gene that masks or covers teh genetic color.

Reactions: Femfa
#6 ·
In addition to the temperament difference from traditional colors, the whites I researched while puppy-hunting all have higher than average weights and lots of them are over-weight according to breed standard. Furthermore, I have not met a white with sloping back, all the ones I have come across have straight backs while almost all traditional colors I have run into have sloping backs. Whites are almost like a different breed except without a standard.

#10 ·
I would have to assume that there has never been any desire to produce a white WL shepherd, especially considering that white is actually nixed from the breed standard. I'm sure they end up showing up (as gsdsar mentioned), but I wouldn't imagine there's a niche for it.

#13 ·
Reputable breeders of white shepherds breed to a standard: Page Title. White shepherds are, however, banned by the AKC/SV so they do not breed to the AKC/SV standard.

I have found breeders in the states working their white shepherds in tracking, herding, agility, obedience, ect, but I haven't seen any titled in IPO (doesn't mean they aren't out there). I think there may be some IPO titled white shepherds and BBS in Europe, but that's beyond my experience.

#19 · (Edited)
i still think it's weird AKC encourages dogs to show with over-exaggerated back slopes and twisted legs but white is a no go.

third time posting this. first time it was deleted. was unsure and posted it again and asked if a mod was deleting please let me know why. it was deleted again no explanation. that isn't bashing, being rude or violating any rules. keep deleting without a 'cause? i'm clueless right now. keep deleting it, tell me what's wrong with the post or ban me from the board, whatever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.