German Shepherds Forum banner

Creasy passed his 1st trial!

4K views 47 replies 21 participants last post by  Packen 
#1 ·
First time testing him in new city, new field, no practice, drove 200 miles trailed + then drove back and he came through 100%. Judge rated all exercises as excellent and said he showed strong power! That's my Creasy boy :)

#6 ·
Congratulations! :)

#32 ·
Thanks mycobraracr. The deed in itself (bh) is trivial but I am really happy about the "pre-stepping on field routine" with Creasy, it showed good results in training but was never tested in trial scenario. So that's my reason to be so happy, future looks good with this dog.

#36 · (Edited)
180 different, Gnash can handle and operate perfectly under high pressure (too much for my comfort). Take pressure off and he is the wild man. With Creasy I can play mind games, the present routine,

1. Exit car, put line on him
2. Let him sniff, take in the sights/smells, mark 3 times minimum
3. After 2-3 minutes of 1 and 2 approach field (no commands yet)
4. Approach invisible boundary (he telegraphs it), command Platz
5. Snap line off and stand facing him not loose but firm fighter like stance
6. Put an object in hand and cover it (ball, tug, a twig, anything)
7. He focusses intensly on object
8. 15-20 secs later he slowly shifts eyes to my eyes (body/head remains stiff), muscles tense up (like a bow being drawn)
9. Step into basic position, command Sit/Fuss, drop object and go (in training keep object and reward at key points).

Only takes a few minutes, no verbal, no physical, all silent. Repeatable in garage, backyard, Petsmart, training field etc.

#41 ·
Big congrats Faisal! Let me know when / where your 1 trial will be. I may be able to make it down.

I like the routine. It let's young dogs know what's happening and gets their mind right. We do the same with detection dogs.

Anyways, great job to both of you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.