German Shepherds Forum banner

ScH Club in Reno?

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Iheartmule 
#1 ·
Anyone know of an active club in Reno? I found one, Blue Tahoe, but they seem to be out of business.

There's got to be someone training in the Reno area!

Thanks!

#2 ·
No clubs :( When I went looking I was told they all go down to Placer County (PCSC) to train. Unfortunately, Placer isn't accepting new members (nor did they email me back when I wanted an eval). So, we started training in Loomis with Weston Kester, who is the helper for PCSC. He does group classes and privates. And I am really happy with him.

There is someone who is a helper in Reno, but I don't think he does group classes.

You can always PM me for more info!

#3 ·
I had a heck of a time just finding a regular trainer. I finally gave in and went with a purely positive clicker trainer.

Oh and forget about decent shopping around here either.

and no shepherd rescues. I had to go to an all breed rescue.

If you have more than three dogs plan on getting a permit.

#5 ·
Loomis is on 80, a little past Auburn from Reno. Weston has worked my young dog and a couple of his littermates. Real nice guy, if you make the drive you'll like him. The next closest option for you would probably be Pacific Coast in Dixon. They're very welcoming to new people. But, that's quite a drive from Reno.

#7 ·
Zetti,

Feel free to PM me. I work with the helper/trianer in Reno that MSpiker spoke of. He doesn't do group classes but he knows the Reno scene and might be a helpful source. There is a PSA club out there and I know they are active but they have not returned my email inquires from a while ago. I can probably find out their name and website again if that is of interest to you.

Best

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.