Bane 2nd club experience - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2014, 11:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bane 2nd club experience

Bane did good....Talked about many things I need to be doing....Bitework not being one of them....So all bitework will be done by the helper at the club from here on out.

He was catching the jute tug nicely, with a full grip, but he was letting his grip slip once the helper starting pulling on the tug....I'm almost positive this was created by me. By me not making him fight for it...Basically me just letting him win right off the bat...So, hopefully he will start to grip harder as time goes on. Barking was nice, catching the jute tug was nice...Grip, we will be working on and building confidence.

I'll only be playing with balls at home. Ball on rope(choking up on rope) .... I have a better home training plan now....Shorter sessions. Taking days off, keeping it fun.

There is so much to all of this....Welcome to SchH training Jeremy....My greatest concern, continuing to find time to do it....I'm trying to get the whole family involved. 4 hour round trip every weekend.....I don't want to fail.....I also don't want divorced....haha....

Last edited by Jmoore728; 03-23-2014 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Error
Jmoore728 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2014, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

I have been wanting to get into this sport but don't really know where to begin. The closest club I've foundis 5 hours away and I am holding off on getting a puppy till I know where to start with training. Also not sure about the time factor. How many hours a day do you train? And is necessary to train at a club weekly? I am looking for the correct starting point and am not real sure where to begin.
West Texan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2014, 12:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmoore728 View Post
I'm trying to get the whole family involved. 4 hour round trip every weekend.....I don't want to fail.....I also don't want divorced....haha....

Haha my training facility put in a play ground for the kids. As for the wife, get her a dog too
mycobraracr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2014, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elite Member

A playground!!!?? You are ridiculously lucky.
Such shy animals are in all circumstances an encumbrance to their owner, who must be ashamed of such a dog, and a disgrace to their race. Under no circumstances whatever must they be used for breeding, however noble and striking they may appear.
Blitzkrieg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2014, 01:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

I'm lucky also....they have a playground set up at our club also. My oldest boy who is almost 5 would love it....My **** on wheels 2 year old, that boy is a beast....

I really do want to get my wife involved....But if I got one for her, I would like a green female. She already told me she wants to take some bites on the sleeve....Learn it....She loves the adrenaline.....Finding time to do the work is our biggest obstacle
Jmoore728 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2014, 06:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Elite Member

Why would you need to take days off from training? Just curious?

Most of our "training" sessions are giant play sessions, and occur throughout the day, every day. 5-10 minutes each of going out with the tug or the ball, working on outs (play tug, "out", "yes", reward, tug, give in to the dog, retrieve, "out", "yes" etc...), working on short sessions of heel, downs, sits in motion, etc... very energetic, fast paced, over quickly. I feeling like doing these short fun sessions daily not only builds our bond but increases his obedience level greatly without stressing him with rigorous "training sessions"

Berlin vom Spartanville 1/13/13
Zeke 5/25/07
Luther 2008 - 7/23/12

"Take this trouble from me: Make sure my shepherd dog remains a working dog, for I have struggled all my life long for that aim." Max Von Stephanitz
Anubis_Star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.