No Stick Hits in the FCI Championships! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2014, 12:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default No Stick Hits in the FCI Championships!

So I hear on another forum that the FCI is going to ban stick hits in the upcoming championship and will likely vote them out completely in 2017. I have heard rumblings that the SV (being the gutless organization that it is) has been looking for an excuse to do the same.

Not only this but the I also hear that there will soon be a ban on member dogs being trained with E Collars, that will involve titles being stripped and dogs not allowed to breed for 2 years.

Cant say I am shocked but as IPO is the most common Bite Sport in North America I have to admit that I am sincerely saddened. I have really enjoyed my recent foray into this venue and it does not look like there is anything meaningful that will replace it.

Ring: Not enough clubs or interest more Mal oriented
PSA: Very cool, not enough clubs or trials
SDA: Next to no clubs

I truly hope that the North American IPO organizations will draw a line in the sand and split form the SV but I know thats a pipe dream.

We all know the stick hits where more a formality then true pressure but its the principle and I think the begining of the end when it comes to IPO.

Its to the point where you might as well take up dock diving and call it a day as it will be just as meaningful as an IPO title.
Such shy animals are in all circumstances an encumbrance to their owner, who must be ashamed of such a dog, and a disgrace to their race. Under no circumstances whatever must they be used for breeding, however noble and striking they may appear.
Blitzkrieg1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 12:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Blitzkrieg do you know why?
Just curious. Bill
bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 12:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

I have heard the same. Not supprised, schH has been getting watered down for a while now.

Start training SDA! You don't need to be affiliated to hold a trial. There aren't really any "affiliated" clubs, no organization dues, just training, trialing and fun. Let me know if you want more details.
mycobraracr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 12:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master Member

There are various technical excuses but the long and short of it is many Western Euro countries have allowed the Animal Rights activists to influence legislation and public perception of dogsport (which is quite big over there).

So the SV and FCI have been on a campaign to make IPO more palatable to the uneducated masses as well as appease the AR idiots and the legislators that are being pressured by them. Its a losing proposition but unfortunately they seem determined to continue on this path.

Lets not forget that the SV and FCI are ruled by the all mighty show dollars that have no vested interest in tests that put any kind of pressure or expectations on the dogs. Just go through the formalities and stamp the dog appropriate for breeding thank you very much.

I think ultimately bitework will be banned in many of those countries..
Such shy animals are in all circumstances an encumbrance to their owner, who must be ashamed of such a dog, and a disgrace to their race. Under no circumstances whatever must they be used for breeding, however noble and striking they may appear.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycobraracr View Post
I have heard the same. Not supprised, schH has been getting watered down for a while now.

Start training SDA! You don't need to be affiliated to hold a trial. There aren't really any "affiliated" clubs, no organization dues, just training, trialing and fun. Let me know if you want more details.
How do they judge and award titles then?
Old 02-05-2014, 12:49 AM   #6 (permalink)

Sad! Bill
bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 12:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Knighted Member

FCI ruins all kinds of stuff. The best lines of malinois aren't allowed to compete in fci events the nvbk ones. They're freaking monsters.
Baillif is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 12:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg1 View Post
How do they judge and award titles then?

Anyone can hold a trial. However every trial must have a certified judge and decoy(s). The last SDA trial I was at brought in two decoys (including myself) and a judge. Other than that, the group just trained off videos, website and talking to SDA people about any confusion. That group is now hooked and hosting two trials a year.
mycobraracr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2014, 02:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycobraracr View Post
Anyone can hold a trial. However every trial must have a certified judge and decoy(s). The last SDA trial I was at brought in two decoys (including myself) and a judge. Other than that, the group just trained off videos, website and talking to SDA people about any confusion. That group is now hooked and hosting two trials a year.
Intersting I am going to look into this further, thanks for the info!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Elite Member

Just because the trial will become watered down doesn't mean that you cannot test your dog with real pressure in training. I think that people who are interested in producing serious dogs will still make sure that the dogs they breed are well tested despite what is happening on the trial fields. I know that we have put a lot more pressure on my dog in training than he will ever see in a trial.
robk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.