German Shepherds Forum banner

No Stick Hits in the FCI Championships!

8K views 41 replies 18 participants last post by  TheJakel 
#1 ·
So I hear on another forum that the FCI is going to ban stick hits in the upcoming championship and will likely vote them out completely in 2017. I have heard rumblings that the SV (being the gutless organization that it is) has been looking for an excuse to do the same.

Not only this but the I also hear that there will soon be a ban on member dogs being trained with E Collars, that will involve titles being stripped and dogs not allowed to breed for 2 years.

Cant say I am shocked but as IPO is the most common Bite Sport in North America I have to admit that I am sincerely saddened. I have really enjoyed my recent foray into this venue and it does not look like there is anything meaningful that will replace it.

Ring: Not enough clubs or interest more Mal oriented
PSA: Very cool, not enough clubs or trials
SDA: Next to no clubs

I truly hope that the North American IPO organizations will draw a line in the sand and split form the SV but I know thats a pipe dream.

We all know the stick hits where more a formality then true pressure but its the principle and I think the begining of the end when it comes to IPO.

Its to the point where you might as well take up dock diving and call it a day as it will be just as meaningful as an IPO title.

See less See more
#42 ·
To caveat off of Frank;

I received and email yesterday from my club president through the USCA that stick hits will remain. The explanation from the FCI was that stick hits will be removed from international Competition so that countries that don't allow stick hits or gun shots will still be able to compete but that individual bodies can keep the stick hits.

It was that USCAs opinion that Schutzhund is still breed test and not just a sport.
I can copy and paste the email if you everyone would like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.