German Shepherds Forum banner

New to the IPO3 club!

5K views 40 replies 36 participants last post by  hunterisgreat 
#1 ·
My boy and I trialed for our IPO3 for the first time yesterday (myself as a handler, and Aiden's first time for this title). 81-83-80, with high in tracking and high IPO3. I couldn't have asked for more from this dog. He put his entire heart into the trial yesterday and showed his best. We have been working 5-7 days per week for the last 3-4 months, and the work definitely paid off. The day was perfect and I am so incredibly happy. I'm still not sure if the reality of it has hit me yet, but I think it is really going to sink in when we go to club training next. We are thinking of possibly going for an FH later this season, so it's not safe so say that all the hard work is over with yet!

No tracking pictures, but it was a beautiful morning. 60ish degrees with dewy grass and a light fog. Aiden tracked extremely well. He circled the third and fourth corners slightly, but worked hard through it, and he sat at the last article. It was a really nice track and I was very very happy with him.

Aiden was Aiden in obedience. I wish there was something that I could do to get him to look more motivated and powerful overall, but he does the job well and that's all I can ask for. He did a half platz for the running down out of motion for the first time, so that was interesting. But the routine was very nice and he performed well.

I was most nervous about protection, since we have had a couple trials that didn't end so well in this phase. We had been working very hard with Scott (the helper/my boyfriend) and he was confident in reassuring me that he would be fine, and he was right! Aiden ran all 6 blinds beautifully and his guarding was some of his best. We had been working specifically on areas where I approach the dog (set up for the call out, guarding in the field after the outs) and the drives with stick hits, and Aiden easily pulled off his best performance to date. He must have been feeling really good because he needed a second out command after the long bite. Anyone who knows this dog knows how funny that truly is. ;)

We had an awesome day in the end. I had a great time trialing under Frank, and what made it really special for me is that Frank got to see Aiden truly succeed. We trialed for our BH under him 3 years ago and failed our second try at the IPO2 last fall, so the progress that he was able to see made me proud.

So I am absolutely thrilled to introduce to you---

AIDEN VOM HAUSDAKA - IPO3, CGC, TT (HOT)

LWDC Trial-9/7/13 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr

I think you're smiling in this one, Frank. ;)

A lot of people on this forum have been supportive of Aiden and I throughout this journey, so I'd like to thank you all for your encouragement. Some of your words have really pushed me harder when I thought about giving up with this dog, and I am so glad that I never did.

THANK YOU

LWDC Trial-9/7/13 by Gator_Dog, on Flickr​

See less See more
#32 ·
Alexis, I am SO happy for you!!! You guys have worked really hard for this and it's so great to see all that hard work pay off!!! Now you get to do it all over again with Carma! Aiden, enjoy your retirement beating up and breaking in new helpers!

Alexis, great job!!!!

#35 ·
I know how hard you have worked for this title.. makes it even more "awesome". Congratulations again for never giving up and on Aiden's new title.

#37 ·
Congratulations Alexis, you should be very proud of what you and aiden have accomplished together.

We have a saying in my club "a circle doesn't die a square"

Meaning You can not turn a dog into something that he is not.

Your training, love and dedication have made Aiden the best circle he could ever be. Congratulation, great job. you earned it!!!!!

Frank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.