Tidewater Schutzhund Club - info? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2013, 02:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Tidewater Schutzhund Club - info?

So there is a chance we may pull off a station in Norfolk, VA. There's two ships available and my husband is determined to get on one of them lol. The more I look at attractions and entertainment in Norfolk, the more I want to go and give it a shot if the Navy says yes to that as our station. Despite the horrible reviews on base housing down there, we live here and it's not exactly a cakewalk so I'm pretty sure Norfolk cant be any worse. I've been wrong before however. No matter. There are opportunities there that I just don't have here or even at our last station. Well with the possibility of Norfolk being our next station, I started looking up various entertainment and Schutzhund clubs since Schutzhund is still at the top of my list with Dax. There is a club roughly an hour away from Norfolk which is doable. And their membership fee is reasonable. Heck, it's practically free compared to some of the fees I've seen up here on top of distance.

Tidewater Schutzhund Club. Does anyone have any information on them? Good reviews? Bad reviews (pm!)? Really tell me about them. Are they accepting of new members? Are they welcoming or cranky about new members? What about new members who've never been involved with the sport except to watch on the sidelines? Really anything would be helpful. Thank you!
"Dax" Thor z vom Weberhaus CA 3/18/2013
Zena GSD 6/1/03
Riley GSD/BC 1/10/05-2/1/2013
KZoppa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

I haven't been there but the best thing to do would be to just go and see if it's a good fit for you. I know there Facebook is very active and they seem to have a good size group.
It's kind of a long drive from Norfolk though, there are places closer that might serve you better.
Chaps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.