Disarmimg helper- dog crowding? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildo View Post
What is a set deduction?
In the rules there are some mistakes that are "set deductions".

In the sit in motion, if the dog stands, -5 pts. In protection 2nd out command -3 pts...send out with down, 2nd command -1.5 pts, 3rd command -2.5 pts....

Like that, other mistakes just go into the overall picture of the exercise and go into the judge putting the exercise in a catagory and thus the point deduction for that exercise.

Frank
schh3fh2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Ah- I see. By "set" you just mean predefined. But other mistakes not predefined in the rules are up to the judge as to how much he takes off. So bumping into the dog with your thigh to get them off the helper (when you circling around to get the stick after the back transport) might get you a point off at the judges discretion, but actually giving a second fuss command absolutely will get you points off per the rule book. Correct?

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang CA - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Ah- I see. By "set" you just mean predefined. But other mistakes not predefined in the rules are up to the judge as to how much he takes off. So bumping into the dog with your thigh to get them off the helper (when you circling around to get the stick after the back transport) might get you a point off at the judges discretion, but actually giving a second fuss command absolutely will get you points off per the rule book. Correct?
You got it...
Old 11-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I actually pivot right and ask Deja to go with me away from the helper. This made more sense to her than my stepping between her and the bad guy. Nothing to do with your question, but thought I would post anyhow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post
I actually pivot right and ask Deja to go with me away from the helper. This made more sense to her than my stepping between her and the bad guy. Nothing to do with your question, but thought I would post anyhow.
Yes, when I was trying to find a video clip on youtube to demonstrate this, I did see the pivot right method. I kind of liked it.

I also saw some that would do the same thing in theory, but backwards. The handler would take a step backwards but turn into the dog (handler rotates 90 degrees counterclockwise). The dog would follow of course. Then the handler walked between the dog and helper, but with this method there was no confusion on the dog. It looked pretty good as well.

And of course the many videos I watched where the dog didn't seem to have any issue with the handler passing between the two looked just fine as well. ha!

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang CA - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
Old 11-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhczth View Post

I'm in the process of changing to this way also over this winter....After the long bite my dog is so high that the last 3 champioships I lost the "V" when he got out in front again or setup in basic next to the helper instead of with me. So now I will squeeze him betwen me and the helper and hope that works...LOL
Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Long bite!? Man, and here I thought I had the terms!!

-Blind search
-Bark and hold
-Escape
-Reattack
-Back Transport
-Courage Test

Where the heck does long bite fit in???

Old 11-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Elite Member

Quote:
Long bite!? Man, and here I thought I had the terms!!

-Blind search
-Bark and hold
-Escape
-Reattack
-Back Transport
-Courage Test

Where the heck does long bite fit in???
Long bite == Courage test
ayoitzrimz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post
Long bite == Courage test
Actually the new term is "Attack on the dog out of motion"

Long bite, courage test are old school terms...sorry hahaha
Old 11-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
Knighted Member

It seams to me that Wildo is trying to figure out how to win the Nationals before he ever even gets his first Schutzhund dog! (Just picking at you Wildo! I love how analytical you are! )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
robk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.