USCA Elections - Page 7 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #61 (permalink)

Thank you Vinnie. I'm guessing those with the original WDA scorebooks would probably have to get the new GSDCA issued one from the WDA and then get *that* one stamped through USCA. Sounds like a plan!
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #62 (permalink)
Crowned Member

My understandng is same as Frank's. The new GSDCA-WDA scorebooks are issued by GSDCA. If that is the case, that is the scorebook (not the prior WDA issued one) that could be accepted.

The web-site committee presented a draft and highlevel timeline of the new web-site; they has been working on it for quite some time (about a year?). They did say in the board meeting that they were verifying against all mobile devices.

One issue in the past is getting information updated is getting updates and getting them in a timely manner An example was getting the Regionals (directors and breed wardens) to provide current contact information for all their clubs, etc. Charlie and I tried that a few years back in order to make sure that all the conact information was correct and current on the site.- that should be informaton they have handy and could get updated fairly quickly. Even given 3 months to do so (and then extended out again), the response rate was 10% and 0% for majority of the regions.
KK1 Griff v Tajgetosz SCH3,IPO3(BHOT) FCI & WUSV 2013
Smithie86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie86 View Post
One issue in the past is getting information updated is getting updates and getting them in a timely manner
Oh I can feel your pain! I do our department's web site at work (and being IT we have a HUGE web site full of troubleshooting, knowledgebase, web forms, SLAs....), but a site is only as good as all the people and information that feed it, and most days I'm embarrassed by it, lol. Short of just making up the information I don't personally know there's not much that can be done.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)

Old 11-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #64 (permalink)
The Italian One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje View Post
Thank you Vinnie. I'm guessing those with the original WDA scorebooks would probably have to get the new GSDCA issued one from the WDA and then get *that* one stamped through USCA. Sounds like a plan!
My understanding is that they just contact the WDA to get a new cover. Take the old book and remove old cover then attach new cover with both the GSDCA and GSDCA-WDA logos (should have both logos on the new books). Send it in to USCA w/their form and fee and have it stamped/certified. Sounds pretty simple, hope it works as well as it sounds.

That's how I understand it anyway - not sure I'm correct but I'm going to try and check with a few WDA friends this weekend on what they've done.

Bark A Little on Facebook
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
My understanding is that they just contact the WDA to get a new cover. Take the old book and remove old cover then attach new cover with both the GSDCA and GSDCA-WDA logos (should have both logos on the new books). Send it in to USCA w/their form and fee and have it stamped/certified. Sounds pretty simple, hope it works as well as it sounds.

That's how I understand it anyway - not sure I'm correct but I'm going to try and check with a few WDA friends this weekend on what they've done.
Well it is not quite that simple. They must be a member of a WUSV member org or AWDF member club in order to have UScA certify the scorebook and allow entry into our events.....
GSDCA-WDA is not a member of either.
schh3fh2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #66 (permalink)
The Italian One

Quote:
Originally Posted by schh3fh2 View Post
Well it is not quite that simple. They must be a member of a WUSV member org or AWDF member club in order to have UScA certify the scorebook and allow entry into our events.....
GSDCA-WDA is not a member of either.
No but I think Lies was talking about her friend(s) joining USCA which would cover the WUSV membership. Or they could just become a member of the GSDCA.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #67 (permalink)
The Italian One

And stick to having only one scorebook....

Old 11-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #68 (permalink)

Yeah that would work as long as the WDA would fix the old scorebook without them having to be a member of *that* club or their screwed by the JA. I won't get mine fixed because I don't need to use it for IPO (only produce it as proof) and I'm assuming I can still use it for conformation since FCI is making IPO rules not conformation rules.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)

Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #69 (permalink)

I have yet to fully understand why the USCA must *certify* other organizations score books. I know for a fact they don't check to see if they are valid or whether the scores are already actually earned somewhere other than a USCA trial. I've been issuing score books for one of the AWDF clubs for over a year and not once has the USCA ever contacted us regarding whether the book was actually valid or not.
Argus von der Aunkst SchH3,BH,AD
KJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJenkins View Post
I have yet to fully understand why the USCA must *certify* other organizations score books. I know for a fact they don't check to see if they are valid or whether the scores are already actually earned somewhere other than a USCA trial. I've been issuing score books for one of the AWDF clubs for over a year and not once has the USCA ever contacted us regarding whether the book was actually valid or not.
Good point. Here's another thing. Paul Schneider judged and gave me my IPO1, listed in my WDA scorebook. Will USCA rcognize this, or will they say it's invalid, like they did in the past with Mike West. The reason I ask is that our WDA club would like to change to USCA, we only chose WDA 3 years ago because we didn't think we could consistently host 1 trial a year. Well we learned can hold 2 trials a year without difficulty. But since our members filled the gsdca-wda scorebooks with wda judges, we're reluctant to switch if it means we must do the titles over again.
la_nausee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.