German Shepherds Forum banner

So who is going to the O.G. Indianapolis Fall Trial and Show?

5K views 65 replies 13 participants last post by  Vinnie 
#1 ·
Wildo and I are looking forward to the trial in November and just wondering who all will be attending? Who is spectating and who is competing?

Check in and let us know what classes, etc ..so we can all cheer each other on!

#7 ·
I am entering Deja in the conformation show (working females) and then the breed survey. Not sure yet about doing her IPO3. I am also entering Elena in the 12-18 month class. Entries are sitting here on my desk. Just waiting for the show/registry letter from USCA since I don't have her USCA registration back.

#8 ·
I also think one more of our club members will be there with her 19-24 month male.

#10 ·
FYI: Update from the club.

FIRST---the working dogs (IPO) will start at NOON on Friday, November 16. The B's will also be on this day and the plan is for AD to go later that day. TRACKING WILL BE SATURDAY MORNING. We cannot start the trial til noon per a new rule. Conformation will still be on Saturday and the Breed Survey on Sunday.

SECOND---there is an address change---we will hold the trial at WANNAMAKER PARK (next to the school). ADDRESS IS 4200 South Post Road Indianapolis, IN. This exit is off of Interstate 74.
Really good location and easy to find. It is on the right side of the road. You will see the sport's fields and then take the next right off of Post rd and then turn right onto the gravel drive back to the parking area.

#16 ·
I'll be there too helping.

Yes, I would email Carolyn and ask about entries and times. I have a pretty good idea, but don't know about some entries that might not have been there over the weekend.

#19 ·
I was totally confident in Nikon and then of course I had pre-event jitters, panicked, and made an appointment for a private session with a helper tomorrow night since Nikon hasn't done bitework in 2 weeks. I asked to do some obedience bites and secondary obedience (walk up and sit, heel away from the helper and heel down field) and a few long bites, since he hasn't done many long bites at all in the past year or so. Not going to touch the outing and guarding.

#20 ·
Sounds like a plan Lies. Good luck!

I made a terrible mistake yesterday - got all nutty and worked up...passed it right down to my dog...unfair correction and confused her at the worst possible time. She did great today at training, but I am still hesitant if I want to try for her BH. Oh well....I signed up already. Can't hurt to try at this point!

#21 ·
Thursday we're doing a major groom and coat blowout. I don't always bathe before a show but Nikon is a little stinky (both my dogs got real itchy and stinky from a food change and I've since changed back) and actually has little clumps of excess fur now that his coat is finally coming back in.

#25 ·
Deja still doesn't have her coat (what coat she has) back from being in heat. Even a bath won't make her look "full". Oh well. LOL Elena has a much "prettier" coat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.