So who is going to the O.G. Indianapolis Fall Trial and Show? - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #31 (permalink)

Yep like when showing working lines. My dog was placed last even though the two dogs in front of him were out of shape and quit moving every half lap.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #32 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Yep...I will need to travel some to find shows under different judges. Hard since it is limited around here - same judge at all the shows.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
qbchottu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Yep, the only time I showed Akela I understand the lack of training... my dog leaped like a kangaroo while the other dogs trotted beautiful, but to place after a dog that was obviously sick is discouraging... and I showed only because the judge had hinted me he liked the dog, LOL!

But I can't complain, he got a great rating "for his line". That will be on his pedigree and i doubt I'll ever show again
Catu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm really looking forward to this show! And I'm pretty excited that it doesn't start until noon- at least I get to sleep in on Friday! And I'm very, very excited to see good friends and root them on!

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), DJ, HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang RATO, CA - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #35 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I can leave a day later, but now have to get up early so I can make the start of the trial. 4.5 hour drive for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #36 (permalink)
Crowned Member

try being last when the dog in front of you is falling on it's forehand so bad that you are waiting for it to sprawl out in a heap! Politics in action. grrrr.....so I go to judges who don't have the personal connection so strongly to the club putting on the show....

Lee

wolfstraum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #37 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Just found the release for this event, and found this in it:
Quote:
Only dogs participating in this event will be allowed on the training/trialing grounds
I assumed that was the case but was hoping it wasn't. I doubt I can stay all day at the show since it's too far away for me to run home and let Pimg out for a break. I wonder if it would fly to for me to park just off the grounds (like at the school yard just to the east of the event grounds).

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), DJ, HIT, CA, CGC, High in Games, Reserve High in Standard- CPE Nationals 2014
High Jinks vom Neuanfang RATO, CA - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
wildo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #38 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfstraum View Post
try being last when the dog in front of you is falling on it's forehand so bad that you are waiting for it to sprawl out in a heap! Politics in action. grrrr.....so I go to judges who don't have the personal connection so strongly to the club putting on the show....

Lee
Yes Lee. So frustrating! I have been conditioning her and she looks fantastic. Muscle development, stamina and substance (all without "extra" help - can't say that much these days )

The more I hear about who is entered and how the show will inevitably go...the more jaded I get... Oh well. I just need my SG show rating. Sadly we have not shown since she as a pup (don't even get me started on co-ownership) so I will be happy to get a rating as a young adult. I need to make some of the IL, GA and Carolina shows. New judges to get a decent perspective on my dog...rather than just being marked down because her face is not black and she is black/tan, not black/red. Structure, movement and presence over color!!! Thought that was covered in GSD 101...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildo View Post
Just found the release for this event, and found this in it:

I assumed that was the case but was hoping it wasn't. I doubt I can stay all day at the show since it's too far away for me to run home and let Pimg out for a break. I wonder if it would fly to for me to park just off the grounds (like at the school yard just to the east of the event grounds).
Take her and leave her in the car. Nobody will know if your dog is entered and even if you were entered, you could certainly pull her and she would stay in your car anyway. Just leave her crated in the car. Go let her out for potty breaks when needed and away from the trial/show fields. You will be fine to bring her. I believe Brandi is bringing Balen on Sat for a photo so you will be in good company

Just don't have her on lead the whole time with her barking, aggressing and distracting everyone...that is annoying and why they warn no outside dogs, but if your dog keeps well in the car and you don't distract the competitors, nobody will care if you have her.

Last edited by qbchottu; 11-13-2012 at 11:28 AM.
qbchottu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 AM   #39 (permalink)

As long as you are respectful it should be fine. I'm bringing Coke because my husband is coming along, like he's not going to stand out....Most of us own dogs that aren't entered but can't be left home all weekend. At least Pimg is the right breed! They can't really tell you what dogs you can/can't have in your vehicle and I don't really see you as someone who would let their dog run wild ringside.
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #40 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

I have two dogs entered and will have all 5 with me. If I couldn't bring them I couldn't go. Don't have them ring side or where they will be bothering the competitors or their dogs or causing interference. Keep them on leash, pick up after your dog (THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST ISSUES AT SHOWS), don't do anything that might cause the club hardship or problems about future use of this facility.

I am showing two working lines. I am already at a disadvantage. As long as they get a fair rating I don't care about placement. I have done some work with them as much as Lies and I were able to do plus conditioning. I have discussed collars and been offered help from some experienced show people. Deja has no coat, but is extremely fit. Elena is fancier, but a bit less cooperative about the whole gaiting thing unless I am fairly close (and then I am too slow).

This is a wonderful club with a lot of really nice people. They are my club away from home. People will have fun.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Security Question
While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State what the 2x4 is made of.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.