Schutzhund Training Club Fairfield County CT - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #21 (permalink)

greetings

My name is Doug Humphrey I have a dog (Mal) I am preparing for Schutzhund Competition I am at a point where I need access to blinds etc. No way I can buy a set by myself right now... I have over 20 years experience training dogs for police service, including police competition. I am a former long time member of MASS/CONN police K9 and Schuthund club. If people want to train lets get together and train. I may also have access to an indoor training venue but it will be un here in North Central Connecticut. I realize most of you want to do Fairfield cty but maybe we can find something centrally located. Let me know if there is still interest in this thread. I have no problem helping people with training so let me know. One other thought establishing a club is great but also alot of work. For now we may be better served by just establishing a "training group". Just a thought.
R. Doug Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master Member

Hi, not sure if anyone is interested in the schutzhund club in CT, but I know Ocean State Schutzhund Club is in Oxford CT. Run by a national competitor, could be a good club to join. I'm not speaking from experience, as I do not belong to the club but just figured I'd throw it out there - less hassle than starting your own club and you get the advantage of working with some very experienced people... Hope this helps anyone...
ayoitzrimz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Doug Humphrey View Post
greetings

My name is Doug Humphrey I have a dog (Mal) I am preparing for Schutzhund Competition I am at a point where I need access to blinds etc. No way I can buy a set by myself right now... I have over 20 years experience training dogs for police service, including police competition. I am a former long time member of MASS/CONN police K9 and Schuthund club. If people want to train lets get together and train. I may also have access to an indoor training venue but it will be un here in North Central Connecticut. I realize most of you want to do Fairfield cty but maybe we can find something centrally located. Let me know if there is still interest in this thread. I have no problem helping people with training so let me know. One other thought establishing a club is great but also alot of work. For now we may be better served by just establishing a "training group". Just a thought.
HI Doug...the OP of this thread sent out emails about 2 weeks ago saying he was going to try to get a meeting together after Jan 1 for anyone who was interested in making a training group/club etc. I replied to the email saying I was DEF interested as I have 4 dogs that I would love to get the training and experience in. However I have no experience in SCH work..other than just some basic commands I learned from a few K9 coworkers. I am def up for travelling somewhere around CT to get my guys going. Not necessarily for competitions but just for fun and to get my guys better trained/better listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoitzrimz View Post
Hi, not sure if anyone is interested in the schutzhund club in CT, but I know Ocean State Schutzhund Club is in Oxford CT. Run by a national competitor, could be a good club to join. I'm not speaking from experience, as I do not belong to the club but just figured I'd throw it out there - less hassle than starting your own club and you get the advantage of working with some very experienced people... Hope this helps anyone...
I tried contacting the club in Oxford, CT by phone and email and never got any responses.
Diesel-GSD
Old 12-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #24 (permalink)

Doug-
Met you a few weeks back....please email me so I can discuss training with you.
thank you!

QUOTE=R. Doug Humphrey;2644167]greetings

My name is Doug Humphrey I have a dog (Mal) I am preparing for Schutzhund Competition I am at a point where I need access to blinds etc. No way I can buy a set by myself right now... I have over 20 years experience training dogs for police service, including police competition. I am a former long time member of MASS/CONN police K9 and Schuthund club. If people want to train lets get together and train. I may also have access to an indoor training venue but it will be un here in North Central Connecticut. I realize most of you want to do Fairfield cty but maybe we can find something centrally located. Let me know if there is still interest in this thread. I have no problem helping people with training so let me know. One other thought establishing a club is great but also alot of work. For now we may be better served by just establishing a "training group". Just a thought.[/QUOTE]
Creole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 09:18 AM   #25 (permalink)
Master Member

Did we get a tenative meeting date and location as to people interested to talk over starting this training group? I know sometime after the 1st of the year is best for me and my husband...but I'll prob end up only a spectator towards the end of Jan..(my due date for our 1st is 1/29/13)... But I'd like to start planning dates/times of possible training or at least a meeting to see who is interested.
Diesel-GSD
Old 12-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #26 (permalink)
You

Is there any new information about this club? I'm in NY but not far from CT.
You is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to A2Was

Doug, any luck in starting a "training club" yet? I'd be very interested. I live in Fairfield County and have a 10 month old GSD.
A2Was is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #28 (permalink)

I do not have a GSD anymore but I have a Dobe I have been doing on my own. I have been trying for two years to get into the clubs in CT but they are not "noob" friendly. How do you learn if you can't break in. I want a dog that can protect me since we were burglarized twice and I have two small children. I can't afford a trained dog so I thought this would suffice. Can you keep me posted PLEASE?
blazencici is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #29 (permalink)

Hi everyone how is still looking for club in Fairfield county. There is one club I find, not in Fairfield but not that far away. it is in Hamden, name is Southern Connecticut working club, they have facebook page but not website. they welcome all people and all breeds and do train IPO and PSA. let me know if you need more info
andreaB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.