Schutzhund clubs in Michigan - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Schutzhund clubs in Michigan

Hi
Is there any schutzhund clubs in lower Michigan who would not be opposed to showline german dogs?? Sorry have to know for sure when you guys have any ideals for me.
thanks.
baxterbrown11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

Default Re: Schutzhund clubs in Michigan

There are several clubs in lower Mich. Which side of the lower part are you on? I can think of two off the top of my head in the Detroit region. Not sure they have any openings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
Amaruq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

I am on the border of Michigan and Indiana. Detroit is three hours at least.
I am having problem with distance and the showline controversy, sorry.
The clubs I am seeing are strictly working dog lines and Malanois.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch

Check out the Capital Area SchH club near Lansing. Their trainer, Gustavo Sanchez, is undoubtedly one of the best in the state. He has worked with lots of show line dogs over the years and there are several who are currently training with him. So no bias and lots of experience working with show lines.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chris Wild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you that's 3 hrs. but worth visiting to see. Yes, I need someone with experience in the showline. Not that I have in my mind set that I would love for my dog to not bite like a working dog, which she does.lol.(just want to know from a good helper/trainer if there is any difference to be taken in this line?)
I just want to enjoy training with out someone rudely saying oh that's what showdogs are known for quick titling, not thinking clearly and nervy. That does not define my dog at all. I have my BH and am working towards a sch1. And I have seen plenty of working dogs the same. And that is not a insult, I just know dogs make mistakes or have brain farts like us. I am not looking for perfection. I just want to be happy. More importantly my dog be happier.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Though I have not met him yet, I was also told by many others that Gustavo Sanchez is very very good and great for show lines. I plan to ring him eventually and see if I can get some lessons (last I was told, the club is "full").

Also, Ron Stokes has been coming to our club and the advice he has given has helped me with my dog quite a bit. He recommended Gustavo as well, but I think Ron also does some of his own training on the side. I have a show line dog too. Ron is pretty intense about being competitive himself, but he just picked up a show line dog from my breeder, he has been very helpful to me and no bias against show line dogs (or any type/breed really). I think this is his site and I'm pretty sure he is in southern Michigan. http://www.k9dogworks.com/
Legend (GSD 10/22/13)
Rainbow Bridge Kenya (GSD)

Liesje is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ok, if that is his site I just marked it and will check it out later. See how far it is for me.

I really would like to find a place where I could feel comfortable with. I think my dog is really feeling how stressed I am and it is not helping.
Want a helper/trainer to work with us.
She is a nice dog but she is already going to be 5 this year. I don't know I have heard for sch training her clock is ticking fast?
Somewhere close would be a blessing, cause my tires don't have the greatest tread left.lol.
I will be back later to see if anyone else knows anyone.
thank you everyone for the help!
Old 03-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Administrator & LOTR Addict

Hi, Not sure if this club is closer: Metro Detroit SchH They are in Milan with easy access to the highway.

Vala SchH3 AWD1 FH2 CGC B/HOT, SG1 Deja IPO3 AWD1 KKL1 B/HOT, SG Elena BH AD CGC B/HOT, LB (the ugly little sable) B/HOT, Donovan IPO1 TR2 AD, and gone but not forgotten, Nike SchH1 OB1 TR3 AD CGC HOT, Treue SchH3 CD CGC HOT

lhczth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2009, 06:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Does anyone know what Gustaro's club name is ?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

This club is in Marshall and has many showlines:
http://www.schhmi.com/
Have you been training in Edwardsburg? http://tristark9.com/

and

Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
onyx'girl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.