Survial Guide and Tips for the Transport Angels! - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 12:25 PM   #21 (permalink)

Default Re: Survial Guide and Tips for the Transport Angels!

Quote:
Originally Posted By: LadyHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted By: NWS_HavenI like to put a tarp under the crate (especially with pups) in case someone vomits or defecates through the crate. This will cut down on the chance that parvo, distemper, etc. gets embedded into your car carpeting.
AWESOME IDEA- I used to use just a blanket//large towel- this is way better ....no permeation!!!!!!!!!
Those lids from larger storage totes work well too.

Lakeguy929 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Re: Survial Guide and Tips for the Transport Angels!

In Gabby's memory, let's not forget these following tips:

Please anyone transporting make sure no-slip collar is used. Make sure you know dog's background, e-mail person the dog is coming from. In this case the person who made up the transport run did not tell people that she was afraid of men and no man should be on transport. Also the foster family was never copied on the transport run or something would have been said that not to allow men to do transport. This sad ending might have been pervented if these things were done. This has been a very hard lesson for me to learn and I hope others will learn from it.

Just a note for anyone reading this and thinking that a no-slip collar will be enough to keep a fearful dog from bolting: it will not. Annalise has chewed through-in one swift bite, many leashes. Her first foster could only use a chain on her. So in your transport bag get one of those chain leashes with the vinyl handle that I think they still sell at tractor supply places, walmarts, etc.

I also want to say that I hope that people are referring to a martingale collar and NOT a prong collar when they say no slip collar. Just want to have that information out there as well.

http://www.lupinepet.com has martingales pictured if you are unsure.

Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.