Transport Needed: Allegan, Michigan to Southern Indiana - Page 3 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2011, 08:30 PM   #21 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian_nights View Post
Lin yes you are correct the Allegan Shelter has stated for all of the people who adopt from them that if it does not work out they can bring the dog back. In fact, this has already happened to Cesar once.
The point that we are trying to make is that you couldn't go pick him up yourself and had to arrange transport to get him TO you, when you wanted him, so if you decide you don't want him, where is the motivation going to be to take him back to the shelter? They certainly won't be able to pay for or provide transport.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Lin
Knighted Member

Send a message via AIM to Lin Send a message via Yahoo to Lin

You are taking this much too personally. I've repeated over and over that the questions posed have nothing to do with you personally or your dog personally. I merely tried to clarify things.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

arabian nights thank you for taking this dog in and rescuing it. I hope it all works for you.
rgollar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 10:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

rgollar: thank you so much

onyx'girl: the growling was already known we expected that. you also have to understand that he was in a van for a very long time getting dropped off from person to person; today he was the complete opposite. and as soon as he got out of his crate he was totally fine except when he got a bit too nervous. NEVER bit though. my fiance is an expert in this behavior and he was able to correct it immediately. Cesar is now like my fiance's shadow; follows him everywhere. still warming up to me but getting better and better

lin: understood

rerun: actually i think i even stated that i was going to go if there were no other options. i was just merely trying to see if there was ALREADY a transport coming this way or if someone would volunteer. turns out there was and we all benefitted in the end so i don't see what the harm in asking was? and btw he didnt come TO me we still had to drive a considerable way it was just closer. so assuming i had a lack of motivation is entirely false.
arabian_nights is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2011, 08:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian_nights View Post
onyx'girl: the growling was already known we expected that. you also have to understand that he was in a van for a very long time getting dropped off from person to person;
Having personally done a lot of transports and overnights for dogs coming much much further than this one did, I've yet to have one growl at me and they get passed from person to person approx every hour, which means on a two day trip they pass through the hands of often 15 - 20 people.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:06 AM   #26 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I hope it all works out for you. Perhaps if you spend enough time in the rescue world in the coming years, you will understand why so many of us had problems with how this was done. I truely hope it all works out for the best, but many times it doesn't.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #27 (permalink)
Elite Member

Let it go Rerun. Becoming a beaten tree stump.

Jove vom Denali - HOT

Waiting at the Bridge: Samurai and Beausox
TitonsDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #28 (permalink)
Crowned Member

titonsdad (erich)...i HEAR THAT.
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
voodoo lily (dsh) & cricket (african grey~RIP 7/13)
katieliz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
Master Member

Ditto
doreenf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2011, 02:08 PM   #30 (permalink)

Titonsdad, Katieliz, and doreenf: THANK YOU!

Cesar is doing better and better every day. We let him roam the house while we went out and he didn't touch a single thing. So well behaved.

He has a little bit of seperation anxiety, when my fiance left for work he whined a little bit and went between the front door and glass sliding door trying to find him but didn't bark or anything of the sort; he's looking out the glass door now.

Yesterday my fiance and I took him on a long walk down the riverside trying to expose him to new people/places. He did so well pulled at first but walked well after being corrected.

Having a trainer come to the house possibly next week to get him started on some obedience training and to try to correct some of his dominant behaviors. Think it'll be good for him
arabian_nights is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.