SAVED: Male Beauty Bing NY Not much time! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Member

Default SAVED: Male Beauty Bing NY Not much time!

This is Duke, the last of the Binghamton NY neglect case dogs I will be posting. He was one of 66 dogs, who were kept in cages with the doors WELDED shut, so that he was never allowed out, nor any human contact. Duke is a beauty,a gorgeous big male, and I LOVE THIS GUY. He is EXTRA EXTRA scared, but has shown no aggression at all in the two months he's been at the shelter. Now, a deadline is looming over him, and euthanasia is a very very real possiblity for him quite soon. I have thought long and hard about posting Duke here, as he is a special case, and will need serious socializing and committment. I wondered -- is it fair to him -- to force him to socialize with humans when he is so unused to us? Today, I spent a full hour socializing with him, and when I saw him actually give a teeny tiny kiss to a volunteer who'd been walking him all week -- I just KNEW I had to give him a chance and post him. He DESERVES a chance to find the special someone out there, willing to show him what love is about. Duke is a large, beautiful male and neutered. He has been dewormed and has had shots. Transport (partial) and pull available. He spent a good 15 minutes sitting with me in the cat cage area while I talked with volunteers and he ignored even the hissing cats. He lets other dogs (including a straining barking pit) walk by him on the leash while we are out walking. He will allow himself to be petted, but, cowers. When walking, he tries to walk as far away from me as possible and does NOT choose to be NEAR me. HE NEEDS SERIOUS SOCIALIZING and someone with PATIENCE to teach him love at his own pace. I do believe he has potential, and would be a joy to rehabilitate. He even endured a mishap when a volunteer let a slip lead get too tight and couldn't get it off. It took 3 people hovering over him and 2 pair of scissors to cut him out. Though he was sooooo scared, he showed no agression. Is Duke's savior out there??? I just LOVE Duke, please emai if you hae any questions, and I will do my best to help him!!!!
ZekesKari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Default Re: Male Beauty Bing NY Not much time! SCARED

I love that face! I just want to hug this poor guy!
Buddy-Sweet lap cat - Forever in my heart.
Baby - Crazy cat
Spencer - Eclectus parrot
Myamom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2006, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Very handsome boy!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/12_help.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/12_help.gif[/img]
rebeccakukkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2006, 06:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Any ideas on age? Weight?
MatsiRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Master Member

Ummmm.. weight, I would say 85-90. That's a guess, as I think he's just a bit smaller than my guy who's 104. He's like the 'average big male gsd' if that makes any sense! Age -- mid range, not old, not young. A local breeder/trainer is going to look at him for me on Monday, and I will have her look at his teeth to get a better idea if possible! I will also post whatever eval she gives on him.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Master Member

(She's not looking at him to take him, just to give another professional eval)
Old 08-17-2006, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I've been looking for a place to take a short vacation. Binghamton is 6 hours from Boston, I think. Don't know anything about the area.

How long do all these dogs have, and does anyone know if there is any place to stay in that area with my 6yo female? I'd especially like to meet this boy. Just meet him. NO committments. While I'm there, I can help walk and socialize the rest. Couldn't think of a better way for some well needed, long overdue, R&R.
MatsiRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master Member

OMG........Those pictures really broke my heart. He is so scared and such a beautiful soul. BrightStar can you help him ??
Old 08-17-2006, 06:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Master Member

I will PM, that would be awesome.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Donna - Binghamton is a big college town - I'm sure you'd be able to find someplace to stay ....

(pinches self for breaking promise to DH NOT to look on these forums)
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.