German Shepherds Forum banner

SAVED: Male Beauty Bing NY Not much time!

80K views 1K replies 112 participants last post by  MatsiRed 
#1 ·
This is Duke, the last of the Binghamton NY neglect case dogs I will be posting. He was one of 66 dogs, who were kept in cages with the doors WELDED shut, so that he was never allowed out, nor any human contact. Duke is a beauty,a gorgeous big male, and I LOVE THIS GUY. He is EXTRA EXTRA scared, but has shown no aggression at all in the two months he's been at the shelter. Now, a deadline is looming over him, and euthanasia is a very very real possiblity for him quite soon. I have thought long and hard about posting Duke here, as he is a special case, and will need serious socializing and committment. I wondered -- is it fair to him -- to force him to socialize with humans when he is so unused to us? Today, I spent a full hour socializing with him, and when I saw him actually give a teeny tiny kiss to a volunteer who'd been walking him all week -- I just KNEW I had to give him a chance and post him. He DESERVES a chance to find the special someone out there, willing to show him what love is about. Duke is a large, beautiful male and neutered. He has been dewormed and has had shots. Transport (partial) and pull available. He spent a good 15 minutes sitting with me in the cat cage area while I talked with volunteers and he ignored even the hissing cats. He lets other dogs (including a straining barking pit) walk by him on the leash while we are out walking. He will allow himself to be petted, but, cowers. When walking, he tries to walk as far away from me as possible and does NOT choose to be NEAR me. HE NEEDS SERIOUS SOCIALIZING and someone with PATIENCE to teach him love at his own pace. I do believe he has potential, and would be a joy to rehabilitate. He even endured a mishap when a volunteer let a slip lead get too tight and couldn't get it off. It took 3 people hovering over him and 2 pair of scissors to cut him out. Though he was sooooo scared, he showed no agression. Is Duke's savior out there??? I just LOVE Duke, please emai if you hae any questions, and I will do my best to help him!!!!

See less See more
#32 ·
Re: Male Beauty Bing NY Not much time! SCARED

Just to let everyone know. BlueMoon is aware of these dog's plight. We too are working with the shelter and Kari (who is a BlueMoon Member) on solutions.

BlueMoon still have not settled the Long Island, NY, and we're waiting on some legal actions. Those dogs are being boarded at Pat Dechick by Glen Highland Farm

GSRCNY (Pat Dechick) is also aware of these dogs; but has a 32 gsds case in Corland, NY! YES! another large case in upstate NY involving GSDS. They took 8 pups from there this weekend.

SOOOOOOO many dogs in NY need help right now and we are trying our best. We open to suggestions- AND if you are an experience foster home Bdsalt@aol.com would love to here from you.

Kathy
Corporate Director/Vp
BlueMoon Meadows, INC

#34 ·

DUKE AND DONNA met and we got lots of great photos. I think it was love at first sight!!!! She LOVES him and IF all goes well when Duke meets her two females Matsi and Sally, he may be moving to BOSTON tomorrow. I am ecstatic!!!! He was SO much better today, and he just did so well with her, with her patience and care. She even had him trotting behind her on the river dike. It was a sight for sore eyes; he is a HEARTBREAKER. My pics just don't do him justice. Wait till you see hers, he is a stunner.

#36 ·

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/20_bawling.gif Tears of joy! I sure hope Dukie behaves himself, because he has no idea that he's about to land in paradise. What terrific news! Thanks to everything who is working so hard on these dogs.

#37 ·

[ QUOTE ]
DUKE AND DONNA met and we got lots of great photos. I think it was love at first sight!!!! She LOVES him and IF all goes well when Duke meets her two females Matsi and Sally, he may be moving to BOSTON tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, this is the best news Kari. We have all paws crossed this works out for Duke, Matsi, Sally and especially Donna. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/23_hug.gif

#38 ·

You know, I had a suspicion that Donna may take Duke home. He had Red's expressive ears and the sad eyes of Chewie before Donna rescued him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/23_hug.gif

#39 ·

OMD! I just had a feeling that if Angel Donna went, there was no way she would leave empty handed and hearted. I am jumping up and down for JOY! Believe me, if we did not have Annie, alpha female strong and hard-too much for our current old-guy, we would have one of these guys already. Our hearts break every day here knowing we just can't bring one home.

THANK GOD for Donna and her heart and capabilities. I cross all paws that the pups approve and a new journey of blossoming and awakening can begin with Angel Donna and her pack as they guide a once lost soul to the land of love and HOME.

Much love to you Donna and pups and prayers for the Bing. Crew of Lost Sheps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/23_hug.gif

#40 ·

Saw Donna tonight at the hotel.....we were celebrating. It's official: This boy can be marked as SAVED. She bought a crate at a local pet store here, and they are all going HOME to Boston tomorrow!!! I think she's going to have a much deserved swim at the hotel pool in the morning to relax (she deserves this -- she put in a FULL day at the shelter .. I'll let her fill you all in on that!) and then, it's off to do the official paperwork and be on their way. I will be wistfully waving goodbye as they hit the road for HOME. Duke and Donna are wonderful together. This boy is -- SO HANDSOME, you just won't believe it. I think we're all going to have a lot of heartwarming tales following his progress with her. I will let her fill you all in on the details when she gets back home to her computer.... lots to tell. She got some great photos of his sisters, brothers and cousins from the farm, and we just need to get them out of there. Both Duke and Sarah -- the first two to make it out alive, are showing us that these dogs, once removed from the chaos of this shelter, can really be AMAZING. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!

#42 ·

Great news! Donna you are truely and angel, thank you so much for saving Duke.

#43 ·

Absolutely fabulous news!! Can't wait to see Donna's pictures and hear about the trip.

Dancing happily,
Terri

#45 ·

Hurray...I'm soooo happy for Donna and Duke!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you Donna!!!!!! Can't wait to see pics and hear updates!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.