Baltimore/DC Metro Sweet Senior Sisters Need Foster Home or Permenant Placmt -adopted - Page 8 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #71 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Well here in Three Dog Day #10/11 the girls finally have firm stool. We switched them to Lucky's food Blue Buffaslo Chicken and Rice and the runs stopped. They got their new beds. They have denium covered ortheopedic memory foam. As soon as i put them down Chevy was on it.Thunder kind of bounced on hers. They will start H/W this Saturday so they and Lucky are on the same schedule. Need to call to set up training.Today Thunder picked up a toy and began throwing it in the air. Will need to put up all toys as Lucky does not like to share. Thunder behaves much younger.

Lucky- GSD Rescue 2/16/2002
Thunder from the East: adopted 1/25/2013
Miss Chevy Cruz - adopted 1/25/2013
Daisy&Lucky's Mom is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #72 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I'm glad you posted. I was going to PM you and ask you how you're doing. How is Lucky handling this, is he still being kept away from them? Do you think you're going to keep the girls?
Old 02-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #73 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowers View Post
I'm glad you posted. I was going to PM you and ask you how you're doing. How is Lucky handling this, is he still being kept away from them? Do you think you're going to keep the girls?
The two weeks arent up yet and I wanted to wait till everybody was home and we didnt have alot going.Lucky barks at them when he sees them through the patio door but he doesnt try to get down to them. I now get up at 5:45 to be at work at 8:30AM that way everyone has time to eat ,poop and play. On top of that making sure Lucky still gets his time w/ me.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #74 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Sounds like all is going pretty good.
Loneforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #75 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Another update . Its been two weeks Here is what Ive learned about the girls.

Thunder- Much more active ,seems to have aged kind of like Lucky ,a slow process. She does not have the pain issues that Chevy does.Thunder is a kissy i need to cuddle girl.
Chevy- Slower ,mobility issues. Will see Doc tuesday for Vacs and will discuss her hips and such. Chevy reminds me alot of Daisy.She shows more age then Thunder. She seems like the Alpha but like all females that position is always changeable. Chevy seems like she loves to cuddle but I think her pain issues make her want to stretch out by herself. She loves having her belly and chest scratched and is the queen of dog beds. She talks constantly.
Both girls seem to like being brushed. Thats new for me as brushing Daisy or Lucky meant restraining them or doing an aerobic run w/ the tools. The girls are not happy w/ the new calves in the pasture next to us but as two fences seperate not a safety issue. I just need to desensitize them.Both slipped on the ice that formed overnight. Thunder screamed and lifted her left paw. I herded her over to the patio and by the time we made it she was walking much better but we will rest her today. Chevy was fine but had a slip coming from the concrete into the screen room. She yelped but her movement looked OK . Will watch her thunder may be as dramatically gifted as Lucky. Will see.

As for our lone boy. He gets quite upset when the girls ,Thunder play w/ his toys and actually after barking and whining threw himself down on the floor and whined and cried until our son could redirect him w/ his indoor balls.
So thats the story so far of the Baltimore sisters and the Browns dog Lucky.

Oh yea. The girls got into it yesterday both trying the gate. Both drew blood but no real medical issue arose. Can barely see the marks on either today. My husband yelled at them from the top ogf the stairs it stopped . Son went down and saw the blood. Sprayed each w/ come antiseptic or rather wiped as Thunder's wound was near her eye.
Future plans;
1. get a trainer; Left a VM for a recommended trainer waiting on call back.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #76 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Well I have a couple minutes so here is a recap for those interested: Thunder ,Chevy and Lucky had an offical meet and greet w/ a trainer. The girls rode in one car and Lucky and I were in another. Went to the training center and met Karen. Chevy went nuts barking which sparked Thunder. Took Chevy out of the mix tried another meet just Thunder and Luck. She snapped at his rear. At this time Lucky started lifting his lip. Took Luck and Thunder on a walk alternating which one in front. Lots of high value trweats. That is the plan for along time.Learned stuff I knew like not face to face side ways meetings like a T but seeing it and doing it w/ a trainer is much more helpful.
Chevy has some real weakness in her hips and appeared to the Trainer to be in pain.As a result we backed off having Chev do anything and our son played w/ chevy and fed her some treats while we walked. Chevy it looks like will be a stay at home dog and as Karen advised use some Interactive toys to help her cope when Lucky and Thunder are out or just Thunder, Chevyy loves her dog bed and the couch when my kingsize 4 stripe blanket is on it and she loves to curl up like a fox on Daisy's old fleecey topped lumpy bed.
Am hoping to get to the pet store today to get the prong collars for Thunder ( who should be called Gator as she pulls ) and Lucky.Thunder pulls so much she could be a small draft horse. The girls have calmed down and we havent had any spats between them,especially since Chevy started the pain meds.. The girls got their first raw bone today and they are currently chomping away. I think Thunder is going to get some private lessons hopefuly followed by a class.She is very active I think maybe some low impact agility. I have a tunnel and a small box thats 3 in high if I can find it . I need to help her find some ways to get tired. The Interactive toy wil help Chevy.
The girls are wearing Daisy's slightly used collars. Chevy has a pink leather studded one on that is actually very sophisticated. Thunder is wearing a greeen one but I want a purple one for her or red.
Chevy is almost done w/ her pain meds Provacid and she is on 6 beef treats which have chondroitin and glucosamine for her arthritis. The girls are Ok and both are very talkative. Lucky is coping. Today we are starting the next stage of desentization. When more then one of us is home we leave the basement door open and gate the top of the basement stairs w/ the gate shut at the bottome of the steps so they can see each other in passing So we continue the integration.
Honestly I think it will always be somewhat seperate . I hope though that on Christmas eve the 3 dogs are adjusted enought that w/ being tightly supervised they can watch our traditional Christmas movies w/ us.The girls will always have a place w/ us but I think there will always need to be some degree of seperation and rotation.That is Ok and we will work to make this as comfortable as possible for everybody.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #77 (permalink)
Crowned Member

BTW the daughter of Chevy and Thunder's rescuers who was raised w/ the girls told me the girls when younger were 4aised w/ a fenced in yard. They also loved Busy Bones and in general are treat hounds. they got fed alot of chicken and steak so they can handle some human food. Boy waS SHE RIGHT. jShe also called Thunder "curious george. She was defintely right on that. Thunder decided last week to go through my husband trash can next to his desk. it was filled w/ lots of paper and some cardboard. She being quite savy didnot stand going through the trash ,nope she hauled the can over to her bed and rooted through it at her leisure and in comfort.

Old 02-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #78 (permalink)

you are such an angel doing what your doing Those two are very lucky to have you. thanks for the update!

Danger Danger vom Kleinen Hain aka Masi
Tranquillo's Kizzy
"Angel" Jakoda's Bewitchen Sami CD OA OAJ OAC NGC OJC RS-O GS-N JS-O TT HIC CGC
"Angel" Steinwald's Four x Four CGC HIC TT
"Angel" Harmonyhill's Hy Jynx NA NAJ NAC NJC RS-N JS-N HIC
"Angel" Jakoda's Jagged Edge
JakodaCD OA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #79 (permalink)
Crowned Member

I LOVE hearing your stories about Lucky and the girls. You really are my hero.
Stevenzachsmom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #80 (permalink)
Crowned Member

Thanks guys,I would hope that someday if god forbid a dog of mine needs help karma will be on my side.. Got a little lazy today so no walks but w/ the door open they arent even looking up or down the stairs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.