German Shepherds Forum banner

1. Time boarding hotel

664 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Joey-and-chandler 
#1 ·
Hi guys, we are going to USA for our annual holidays. It will be just over two weeks.

We have never had holidays since we got our dogs so this will be the first time. They havent stayed anywhere other than our house and i am so upset to be leaving them but also want them to be okay with this.

Ive got couple of questions. This is a dog hotel with rooms including central heating and a tv two dog beds, and an attached and fenced outside area for each room.

Dogs are walked twice a day and they get a one time off leash play time (we chose not to mingle them With other dogs that we dont know, so they will just be out in a fenced area on their own)

My boys stay in their room at night at home but its fenced and seperated so they dont get to play or anything and during the day they are always together, question is, is it a good idea to place them in the same hotel room or shall i book two different rooms?

Our trainer supports us keeping them seperately at night at home but she said she thinks it would be better for them to be together at the dog hotel so they dont feel alone.

One of my dogs is restricted to have limited exercise as he will have joint surgery in october so i am worried if they play wrestling in the same room and he damages his joints. Or should it be ok as its not so long.

Also do you think the hotels schedule is ok (i know Obviously not enought but ) should i add some training and swimming sessions for the dogs.

See less See more
#2 ·
The dog hotel seems like an ideal place and I'm sure your dogs will have a great time while you are on vacation. I would definitely book the swimming lessons if your gsds like water. The swimming would be really helpful to your dog with the joint issues. I would also book the training - it will keep your dogs busy, mentally tired out, so they will sleep and eat well. I agree wtih your trainer to get one room so they can be together. With all the activities, I think they won't have much energy left to do too much play wrestling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.