German Shepherds Forum banner

Yogzilla

635 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  LuvShepherds 
#1 ·
Was reading the thread about "Puppy Attack" and feel somewhat better to hear biting ankles and wrists is part of raising a puppy. Thought I was failing at teaching him properly. Yogi is now 12 weeks. He does like ankles and hands/wrists. He can get excited and difficult but for the most part he is showing promise. Indoors at this point is mostly for feeding and crate. I keep his crate on a porch during the day.
When he gets a little wound up I find myself using the crate as a "time out" facility for 30 minute or so breaks but question wether this is proper. Does or will he associate then his crate as a punishment? I never feel any resistance when I tell him its time to take a break and he usually finds time for a power nap.

#2 ·
Sounds like he needs a nap and you're learning to read the signs.As long as you're not shoving him in there sternly and scolding him he won't see it as punishment.Just nap time:)Puppies learn quickly to enjoy their "den" and quiet time and many times will go in on their own to settle and take a break.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.