German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Puppy Behavior (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/puppy-behavior/)
-   -   Might be kind of weird.. (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/puppy-behavior/461729-might-kind-weird.html)

kakarot 06-18-2014 05:42 PM

Might be kind of weird..

My pup is 6 months and a week or something but for the past week and a half, he's been flaunting his red rocket.. and it's constantly showing all day, all night. It's only not visible when he's completely relaxed or asleep. His behavior is normal and everything it's just.. his weewee has been making an appearance lately. It's not just like.. a little peep show either.

I'm sure it's not too big of a deal, but what's the deal? I'm not sure what it means. Lol. I've read that getting him active would help, but we try to keep him active as much as we can, so I don't think that's gonna make it stop paying us long visits through out the day. :|

I guess I'm just tired of seeing it already. LOL.

Zeeva 06-18-2014 05:52 PM

Head shots only of the pup my friend C: or blur out that area later on...

Shouldn't be a big deal if it goes in when he's relaxed....

That lipstick thingy will always haunt some of my finest pictures...lol

EileensZoe 06-18-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakarot (Post 5659337)
my pup is 6 months and a week or something but for the past week and a half, he's been flaunting his red rocket.. And it's constantly showing all day, all night. It's only not visible when he's completely relaxed or asleep. His behavior is normal and everything it's just.. His weewee has been making an appearance lately. It's not just like.. A little peep show either.

I'm sure it's not too big of a deal, but what's the deal? I'm not sure what it means. Lol. I've read that getting him active would help, but we try to keep him active as much as we can, so i don't think that's gonna make it stop paying us long visits through out the day. :|

i guess i'm just tired of seeing it already. Lol.

hahahahahahahahaha!!

McWeagle 06-18-2014 06:10 PM

Hahahaha, oh no! I'd get a little tired of seeing it all day, every day, too!

Pax8 06-18-2014 06:14 PM

:wild: Oh man, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a a thread!!! Honestly, Kaiju had a couple weeks throughout his 4-6 month period that his seemed to hang out as well. As long as it doesn't get a lot of gunk on it that might get caught in sensitive areas and cause an infection, he should be fine. If not a little...free spirited. ;)

my boy diesel 06-18-2014 06:46 PM

it means he is reaching sexual maturity
get used to it unless you neuter :)

Pax8 06-18-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my boy diesel (Post 5659921)
it means he is reaching sexual maturity
get used to it unless you neuter :)

Ah that would explain why it seemed like Atlas's was out what seemed like ALL THE TIME. And here I thought he was just a perv. :blush: I don't have too much experience with the quirks of unneutered dogs. :p Most often mine have been neutered.

McWeagle 06-18-2014 07:04 PM

Hahaha, I'm getting a male and we were going to hold off on neutering till probably 2 years (unless there are escape artist issues), so I guess I now know what to expect!! Does it stop after their hormones settle down, or will this be an ongoing issue we'll have to look at? And photoshop out of pictures? :smirk:

sehrgutcsg 06-18-2014 07:07 PM

Your six month old is packing heat, and my six month old is acting like a hormonal teenager, with sad eyes, when she does something shes not supposed to do, or takes something that is not one of her several toys, in her toybox crate. This too will pass.

Get him a pocket protector for his doodle..

SGCSG

Diesel7602 06-19-2014 05:22 PM

My boy does the same thing.
*~~~Money shot right here ~~~*
My boy has done this since he was 16 weeks and he is neutered.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App