German Shepherds Forum banner

puppy stalking me like a cat

7K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Msmaria 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 12 week gsd pup. He's lovely but bites A LOT. Anyway I can cope with the biting as I know it's just normal puppy behaviour and he's slowly learning, but he's developed a new habit.

Exactly like a cat, he's started 'stalking' me. His body will go completely still and low to the ground, getting closer and closer. I have never seen a dog do this and none of my pups in the past have ever demonstrated this sort of behaviour. :confused:

So I was just hoping that someone could tell me why he's doing it and if there's any aggression there.

Thanks for your time guys

#2 ·
It's play most likely, why don't you try a flirt pole and harness that prey drive without sacrificing your skin or clothes to bites ;)

#3 ·
My pup does that :) He's 9 weeks old tomorrow. The second he gets close he pounces too. He doesn't bite anymore because I was able to teach him "OFF." He's still learning but he's getting the hang of it. Anyway I've never had a puppy do that to me either. :) But he loves it so i just let him do it. No aggression but he gets real excited when I play along with him. So I'm sure it's the same with yours. :p

#4 ·
PLAY PLAY PLAY!!

Lucky you that he sees you as a true playmate! Get the toys and tugging stuff out though or those puppy teeth will start to get old.

#5 ·
#7 ·
My 15 month old has just started doing this. Hes the only one that does it at the dog park. He only does it to his buddies so Im sure its play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.