6 month old urinates in my bedroom - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2014, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 6 month old urinates in my bedroom

Sinister is six months old and 100% potty trained down stairs. My dogs do not go up stairs in my house it is a dog free zone as it is only bedrooms and my kiddos have a lot of toys that the puppies love to destroy. But occasionally my 6 month old male Sinister will follow me to my room and every time he urinates. UGH!! He is out all day down stairs with me and never has he ever peed since he was 16 weeks. Why does he pee in just my room??? Is he marking? What can I do to stop this?? It only happens like once a week b/c I usually baby gate off the stairs but when I am in a hurry Sinister strikes. Why my room and no other room?? Silly Boy. wanted!! Thanks

Athena'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Zombie Queen Moderator

Have you treated the area with an enzyme cleaner first? At 6 months he is old enough to be caught in the act and have the riot act read to him. Mine decided to pee once in my office when he was a year old. Looked right at me. One strong correction for that nonsense.

Beau -NAPWDA Certified Cadaver Dog
Waiting at the Bridge (italics=GSDs) (hemangiosarcoma=blue):Grim , Cyra, Toby, Rainbow, Linus, Oscar, Arlo & Waggles
jocoyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2014, 01:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena'sMom View Post
Sinister is six months old and 100% potty trained down stairs. My dogs do not go up stairs in my house it is a dog free zone as it is only bedrooms and my kiddos have a lot of toys that the puppies love to destroy. But occasionally my 6 month old male Sinister will follow me to my room and every time he urinates. UGH!! He is out all day down stairs with me and never has he ever peed since he was 16 weeks. Why does he pee in just my room??? Is he marking? What can I do to stop this?? It only happens like once a week b/c I usually baby gate off the stairs but when I am in a hurry Sinister strikes. Why my room and no other room?? Silly Boy. wanted!! Thanks
Is he lifting his leg to pee?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Diesel7602 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.