German Shepherds Forum banner

Puppy Licking Faces (dog)

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  misslesleedavis1 
#1 ·
Baron (8mo) is CONSTANTLY licking my 4yo males GSDs face. I get that it's normal greeting/submission behaviour for a puppy. And Harley tolerates it to an extent but then he tells him no with a growl. Baron then pees.

BUT HE WILL NOT STOP LICKING. Harley growls louder, Baron pees and on and on until basically I interfere. And THEN, Harley pees on top of Baron's pee.

Half the time this is IN MY HOUSE!

Suggestions?

#2 ·
Baron (8mo) is CONSTANTLY licking my 4yo males GSDs face. I get that it's normal greeting/submission behaviour for a puppy. And Harley tolerates it to an extent but then he tells him no with a growl. Baron then pees.

BUT HE WILL NOT STOP LICKING. Harley growls louder, Baron pees and on and on until basically I interfere. And THEN, Harley pees on top of Baron's pee.

Half the time this is IN MY HOUSE!

Suggestions?
Separate them. The pup is annoying your other dog. Before this escalates, step in and remove the pup.

#5 ·
Definitely keep them seperated or leashed while they are together. My friends pit did this to my older malamute, same situation you describe. We were camping and his pit would constantly bother mine, he'd move, the pit would follow and my dog ended up going after the pittie removing a chunk of his ear. Didnt help my friend thought it was funny, at least in the begining. Your older dog will get sick of it too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.