German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Puppy Behavior (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/puppy-behavior/)
-   -   Wow! (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/puppy-behavior/443025-wow.html)

Ellimaybel 04-25-2014 09:52 PM

Wow!

I LOVE this dog! Hubby has a medical flare up right now. Last night he came out of the bedroom in excruciating pain and Gunther just lay next to me not going for attention the way he usually does when hubby gets up. Today Gunther has been very calm around the hubby. I just went to tell the hubby something and Gunther walked into the bedroom with ears down and a concerned look on his face. He went straight to the hubby's injury and started licking it. After licking the injury he looked up at the hubby with tail wagging crazily but still looking concerned. We were so blown away although not shocked that Gunther zeroed in right on the spot and tried to make it all better. He's being completely calm around the hubby and avoiding moving much more than his tail so he won't hurt dad. I just love this dog. Best decision I ever made.... Next to my husband ;)

SuperG 04-25-2014 10:43 PM

Gunther sounds like a great example of what makes a human a "believer".

Hope your husband mends in quick order.

SuperG

ZoeD1217 04-25-2014 10:45 PM

Aww sweetness!!! Hope the hubby gets to feeling better soon.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

petite 04-26-2014 08:02 AM

That is so sweet, Gunther is there to take care of Dad with you. :)

K9POPPY 04-26-2014 08:05 AM

They are so smart in that manner- great post! Bob

Msmaria 04-26-2014 08:13 AM

A very good example of how some dogs are in tune with their owners. What a sweet boy he is.

sehrgutcsg 04-26-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellimaybel (Post 5433345)
I LOVE this dog! Hubby has a medical flare up right now. Last night he came out of the bedroom in excruciating pain and Gunther just lay next to me not going for attention the way he usually does when hubby gets up. Today Gunther has been very calm around the hubby. I just went to tell the hubby something and Gunther walked into the bedroom with ears down and a concerned look on his face. He went straight to the hubby's injury and started licking it. After licking the injury he looked up at the hubby with tail wagging crazily but still looking concerned. We were so blown away although not shocked that Gunther zeroed in right on the spot and tried to make it all better. He's being completely calm around the hubby and avoiding moving much more than his tail so he won't hurt dad. I just love this dog. Best decision I ever made.... Next to my husband ;)

This is cool, but no big surprise..Hope your husband get's better, fast and that Gunther zero's in on everything that astounds you, he's your standby guy ! :wub:

wyoung2153 04-26-2014 09:36 AM

Aww good boy Gunther :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App