German Shepherds Forum banner

submissive urination?

914 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Suburbandiva 
#1 ·
My pup is 12 weeks old, and yesterday had his first day with the schutzhund trainer. When my pup met the trainer he peed. I have noticed that he does this when he meets men. When strange men come to our house, he has not done it. I dont understand why since I have a husband, and we got him from a male breeder. Is this normal for a pup this age? The trainer said he usually sees this in females because they are more sensitive and to have more men handle him. Any thoughts?

#3 ·
I agree with d4mmo you may be seeing more 'excitement' urination then submissive. More calm (ignoring?) people are at greeting times the better. And they do tend to grow out of this if they are socialized properly and have a stable environment.

:)

#5 ·
Revy used to do this for both men and women when she met them in an excited state for the first (or second!) time. She wasn't submissive - just super excited to meet new people. She still loves people, but tends not to pee to show it now. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.