German Shepherds Forum banner

Puppy is agressive towards friends boxer!!!

619 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Athena'sMom 
#1 ·
My two older dogs Athena and Pegasus the husky love to have puppy play dates with my neighbors female boxer! They all get along beautifully! But my new puppy Sinister who is now 16 weeks tomorrow does not tolerate her at all. Today she put her paws on him like boxer do in play and he went crazy growling, and lunging towards her. The boxer retaliated and I had to separate them and put sinister in his crate for a time out.
Is this normal behavior for a puppy?
Also he is in puppy obedience class and plays rough will all the other pups and again growls.
Sinister is extremely intelligent, obedient little man but tends not to like other dogs.
How do I teach him to tolerate other dogs? My trainer advised not to teach him to ignore other dogs as he must interact with animal but I don't feel this fit his personality.
I hope to take Sinister through obedience trials and agility can I curb his issues with dogs?
Sorry for the book but any advise for me?!?!?:help:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.