9 month old being a bully! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%

GermanShepherds.com is the premier German Shepherd Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2014, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 9 month old being a bully!

Our 9 month old, Jaxx won't stop bullying our 2yo, Onyx. He pushes him into walls and bites his face/neck. He has to have all the toys all the time and barks and whines like a baby if he doesn't get his way. He pushes his way into my lap if I'm petting onyx...even if I pet one with one hand and the other with the other hand. It's never enough for him. He knocks Onyx over after they come in the house and won't let poor onyx go to the bathroom in peace. I try to let them out one at a time but Jaxx acts like you're killing him and just cries and hits his kennel and makes an awful racket. It's crazy!

If I holler at him to stop he will for a few mins then he's back at it again. I've tried putting him in his kennel but if onyx isn't in his kennel too he cries and cries and howls.

They get the same amount of attention from both of us. I don't get it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
SerenaL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

a brat acting like a brat and gets his way. why would he change?
boomer11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2014, 01:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'd separate them and let them out different times. Ignore his whining. Do you have another place to put him like maybe a different room or garage? My pup was dominant and was always picking on my older dog. I rotate them for free time. When they do play together, it's only for short periods of time and always supervised. I correct by grabbing the back neck and shake with a firm "phooie" (not crazy shake but just so she snaps out of it). I take control of the situation and do not allow it ever. She's changed and plays nicely now. If your pup goes back at it, correct him again. He will eventually get it if you are consistent and firm.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Mala is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2014, 04:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Knighted Member

Teach him the wait or stay command. Dexter was getting like that at 4 months. I have an old shih tzu and Dex would knock her over while rushing through the patio doors, etc. So I started making him wait for food, attention, coming inside and anything else I could think of. I also made sure he left the other dogs alone while drinking water, with their toys etc. He doesnt like the water spray bottle, so I would hold that in my hand .I know, maybe not the besr way, but for me it worked. .lol i also gave him treats for waiting patiently. Now at 13 months I just have to say wait and he knows his turn to do something will come around soon.

Last edited by Msmaria; 03-05-2014 at 04:31 AM.
Msmaria is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.