German Shepherd Dog Forums

German Shepherd Dog Forums (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/)
-   Puppy Behavior (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/puppy-behavior/)
-   -   Run around really fast and hide under the table (http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/puppy-behavior/400298-run-around-really-fast-hide-under-table.html)

xtramile 01-22-2014 10:11 PM

Run around really fast and hide under the table

So every now and then Drago gets a wild hair and rips around the apartment really fast trying not to get caught. Some times he even gets really vocal and looks aggressive (ears back front teeth shown and very vocal).

We play wrestle a lot and he knows the rules. When he is in this mode he is very very soft mouthed and if I know my dog like I think I do he is just trying to play (really want to outline how gentle he is, it is less than 10% of what play wrestle and biting is) Often times if you catch him he just plops over panting and relaxes immediately.

A lot of the time it seems to be triggered when we want him out from under the coffee table, where he likes to rest like a den. Also it is usually when we have yet to go out to a park or walk yet. Yesterday when he did this I caught him, he plopped over and I notices something I had never seen. Next sentence is descriptive, figured I would give a heads up before just saying it. While he was on his back I noticed about a pinky nail worth of white milky fluid in the tip of his penile sheath.

Looking for what people think on this behavior, what is going through my dogs head while he is doing it, and what the fluid was and its cause. I do not know as much as I should about dog anatomy and physiology, so any links would be great.

Hopefully nobody is offended or put off. I am just looking to better understand my dog and if I should be medically concerned.

Nigel 01-22-2014 11:51 PM

The running around is called "zoomies" very normal. Ranger is not shy about his crown and I think this is the result of what you are seeing. Lol!

SummerGSDLover 01-23-2014 04:40 AM

My trainer tells my GSD to "put his lipstick away" when his sticks out. hahaha. I don't know what the fluid is though.

*-*Summer*-*

robeangyalchen 01-23-2014 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummerGSDLover (Post 4887882)
My trainer tells my GSD to "put his lipstick away" when his sticks out. hahaha. I don't know what the fluid is though.

*-*Summer*-*

You could teach them to put it away??? :D:D:D
LOL

Baillif 01-23-2014 05:11 AM

Ha ha red rocket red rocket

xtramile 01-23-2014 11:39 AM

Ha figured this is what I would hear. Just had ever seen this exact situation before.

Especially before Drago was never shy about his lipstick. It was a stage where one day he was fine and then for a month straight it was always out. On a similair note we always say he is "we'll tongue" because his tongue is soooo long sometimes :)

SummerGSDLover 01-25-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robeangyalchen (Post 4887906)
You could teach them to put it away??? :D:D:D
LOL

Bahaha!

*-*Summer*-*