German Shepherds Forum banner

Help with barking (moved to puppy beh)

691 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ricky101 
#1 ·
Hi everyone im new to this site and I need your help people please :) I have a white gsd ( bits of brown on ears and tail) she is coming up to 9 months old. She is kc registered and has a white mum and black and tan dad. The problem I have is that she does not bark at strangers and just walks past them like there not even there just has a little look and that's it. How could I get her to bark. I don't want her to attack anybody its just because where I live there is lots of muggings and things. I have put a picture of her up aswel :laugh:

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
She must be really stable not to bark yet. I think it is a good sign. The best protectors are the ones who are not afraid of strangers. The barkers will probably hide behind you or snap out of fear. I think when she matures she will start warning you.
WD never barked at strangers either at that age. But when one of our nephews ran up to me WD immediately positioned himself between the boy and me. I was pleasantly surprised.

#3 ·
Yes she is a good dog but I just worry that she will not protect me if something did happen. If shes in the garden and she hears a noise at night she will bark. Also I don't want to be a pain but how can I stop her from jumping up on me? out of the family im the only one she jumps on. She Is my dog and its me who walks her but never jumps on anyone else:sleep:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.