Myah is 7 months old now, and still thinks absolutely everyone she sees is her best friend. She puts her ears back and does a "whole body" wag and whines to happily greet people.
I love it. But she does cue from me. I'm pretty happy to greet everyone too!
But she IS a GSD. I take her to the beach and night and let her roam around off leash and splash in the ocean. She has seen the following "shadows" in the dark:
- fisherman wading in the surf - she happily went up to say hi and he patted her, telling her she was a good dog
- Jogger, keeping regular pace, jogging at us -- she stayed at my side, happy and not bolting to jog after him as he passed
- Group of people standing, socializing - she ignored them as we passed, until one saw her and wanted to greet her. Of course, she let her "happy" self shine through
- Couple sitting in the sand - she ignored and stayed at my side
- Couple wading into the water - girl screamed due to something (probably seaweed or kelp) touching her leg -- Myah prompted went over, all perked, to check her out and make sure she was ok! (So proud!)
- Person walking toward us, odd movements, not very predictable -- Myah stood at alert and watched him walk by. After he walked by, he kept looking over his shoulder. Myah just kept at alert, looking at him. (not the death stare or anything, but she wasn't going to go the other way until he moved on, lol!)
Everyone loves this baby girl. I'm sooooo thrilled with her personality. She's exactly where she should be. Store owners love her to come in - she is their favorite.
Myah Girl, good girl!